Monday, May 8, 2023

Double D Challenge - Fresh Picked and NBUS #50 Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Double D Challenge where they would like to see anything that is FRESH PICKED (NOT including flowers though) on our cards.


Well it was a given that I'd pick CHERRIES as I'm originally from the Old Mission Peninsula in Michigan which is prime cherry country and my grandfather owned a cherry farm there (my cousins run it now).  I used a SU! set called SWEETEST CHERRIES that I've had for a year now and never used, so figured it was a good time to break it out for this challenge!


My idea for this card actually came from a card that is in the newest SU! catalog where I fell in love with the fun and bright background with the cherries all stamped in different colors of reds and yellow (Rainier Cherries).  I added Parakeet Party ink (SU!) for a fun and bright green for the leaves and the stems were done in Soft Suede ink.  


My sentiment was stamped with the same colors on a white strip and then I added a cherry that I fussy cut along with a couple leaves.  A very, VERY simple card where the colorful background does all the work!

The DT has some FABULOUS inspiration for you if you'd like to play along and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, May 14th @ 8:00PM

I am also entering this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge as I have never used this SWEETEST CHERRIES stamp set before.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




12 comments:

Birgit said...

This card is sweet in every sense of the word, Marcia! The colorful cherries in the background make the sentiment pop. Delightful!! I'm also so glad you added it to the Double D Challenge. Wishing you the best of luck!

Darnell said...

You do know you will have everyone's mouth watering for sweet cherries, don't you? Mine certainly is! I can't imagine a cheerier card! (Ha, I should have said, " ... a cherrier card!") I love the colors and the way you did your thank you sediment with the extra juicy cherry punctuation. And I loving knowing a little bit more about you! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

OH, my goodness, Marcia I LOVE your cherries!! Those big fat dark cherries are my favorite, but I love seeing [and eating] those Rainier cherries - brings me back to our trip to Seattle years ago!
Adorable!
=]

Diane said...

A beautifully created cherry card with luscious Michigan cherries!! I used to go to the cherry festival in Traverse City every year with a high school friend and her family during my high school years, we used to camp at the state park there!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Grandpa would be so proud!

Cat Craig said...

Oh yummy...love that you used all cherry colors...the rainier are my personal faves. Sweet card.

Leslie Miller said...

Yummy! I absolutely LOVE your background with the smorgasboard of cherries. I assumed at first that it was designer paper that went with the cherry stamps but, no, it's just you being very clever again! I look forward to the Raniers every year. They're my favorite, but I love all those plump red cherries, too. My family had a small cherry orchard when we lived in northern Oregon. That's big cherry country up there. Cute font on the sentiment, and pretty in the two colors with the extra cherry for extra happiness. I can see how you fell in love with this set! I love when you play at Double D, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

I love our summer trips to Michigan when the cherries are in abundance! We stop at roadside stands and eat our way through the state! FABulous card, Marcia!

papierelle said...

I saw your card at the Double D Challenge and I'm very excited about your many and happy cherries.

Donna Phelan said...

YUM! Super sweet....literally! Loving all of the beautiful colors, so FUN! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Fresh Picked Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Cindy Beach said...

Oooh, I love those delicious multi-colored cherries! Makes my mouth water and brings memories of a few happy times I had in a cherry tree.

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and delicious, Marcia! They are making my mouth water!