Monday, May 29, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #40

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge today and trying to stay caught up on Christmas cards so I'm ready come December!  They have a wonderful mood board to inspire us as usual...take a look!


I loved all the photos but especially the bottom right one as I had the perfect stamp to play with!  I used one of Simon Says Stamp collaborative stamp sets from Pink & Main called SNOW-ONE LIKE YOU and came up with this card...


Isn't he a cutie relaxing in his hot tub of hot cocoa?!  I'm reverting back to my old PTI days where they used to have challenges to CASE one of the DT members, and I always went for a Melissa Phillips card because she loved to paper piece, and I do too!  I used a couple scraps from SU! dsp to use on the mug and the scarf and just love how cheery it looks!


I used a few Copics to color the marshmallows (BIG & small) and hot cocoa and then added a cut out layer over my image using PFS's Scalloped Circle Dies and an older SU! embossing folder called Winter Snow.  I layered my top layer with a piece of Real Red cs and attached both layers to a top folding white card base.  My sentiment is a pre-printed sentiment strip from Gina K and I finished off with a few Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) and one red crystal gem on the sentiment strip.  And some glitter.

Lots of FABULOUS inspiration from the talented DT over at the Peace On Earth site, so check it out and play along to get a head start on those Christmas cards.  This challenge is open til Thursday June 1st @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... what an awesome take on our board! Your coloring and design are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lin said...

What a darling card, Marcia - sure made me smile!

Nancy Penir said...

It is truly the perfect stamp for the challenge and you colored it perfectly too. As well as the perfect setting. An all around perfectly sweet Christmas card!

Birgit said...

This is darling Marcia and yes, the perfect image for the challenge. Your smiling marshmallow soaking in a hot tub of cocoa is too sweet. Great paper piecing, embossing and layering. Truly a winner here!

Bonnie said...

I think you have a winner here, Marcia! Love the paper piece cup and snowman's scarf! This is the CUTEST stamp, my friend, and you have brought it to life beautifully!

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed the challenge, Marcia! This is adorable. Love the cup, the embossing and of course the polka dot scarf! Happy Memorial Day!

Cat Craig said...

So cute Marcia. He looks fab floating in his cocoa cup.

Loll said...

So adorable, Marcia!! That marshmallow snowman is so cute! And I LOVE the paper you've used for the mug. xx

Leslie Miller said...

OH! I love the stamp, love your card! It's so darn cute! Fun and pretty paper piecing and snowflake embossed background. A little sugar on the marshmallow guy. Such a delight! I made a card for this challenge but due to life circumstances I'll miss the deadline.