Monday, May 15, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #39

Hello friends.  Still trying to stay on track with making Christmas cards and the Peace On Earth Challenge is helping me to do that.  Take a look at the lovely mood board they provided this time around...


Aren't the soft pinks and aqua's so pretty?!  I used several PFS items and came up with this...


I started by stenciling the Floral Bauble with soft pinks and aqua's and then stamped over the stenciling with the coordinating stamps with Versamark ink and then silver embossing powder.  (The embossing looks so much prettier in real life!!)  


I used PFS's Snowflakes Coverplate Die and vellum for my background and attached it to a top folding white card base around the edges.  So the glue didn't show through the edges of the vellum, I added a Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die in Bubblegum Pink cs (Gina K) over top of the vellum, and that hid the glue completely.


To finish I heat embossed the "Noel" sentiment in silver and then die cut it (all part of the Floral Bauble set) and attached to the lower right corner of my card.  I also added a few silver metallic pearls (also PFS) to go along with the silver embossing.

Lots of beautiful inspiration from the talented DT, and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till May 18th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

papierelle said...

Beautiful! I love the delicate colors.

Birgit said...

This is minty and sweet, Marcia! I love the color palette you chose to work with. From the silver embossing and beads to the vellum underlayment, this card is filled with elegant texture and style.

Lisa Elton said...

The pink and aqua are pretty together! I like all of your layers, Marcia. This is a lovely Christmas card!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully made, Marcia you are showing those pastels off in a fabulous way.

I Card Everyone said...

I do love pink at Christmastime, Marcia! The vellum snowflake panel is the perfect backup singer to your pretty floral bauble!
Gorgeous! I hope I still have time to play!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, you created a masterpiece for this challenge! This is the sweetest eye candy, Marcia! I know how amazing this card must be in hand with the embossing and vellum and other layers of wonderfulness. So beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful coloring of this gorgeous bouquet, Marcia! It certainly deserves a frame and looks beautiful on the snowflake background!

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia! Love the colour combo you've used for the soft pastel Christmas card. Great layering of the beautiful snowflake, vellum background and your gorgeous flower spray with pink scalloped frame. Everything works together perfectly. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the way you used the pastel colours from our mood board. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.