Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The Flower Challenge #80 - PRETTY PASTELS

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge today where they are looking for floral cards done in pretty pastels.



I decided to use an older (2017) Altenew set called Springtime Azalea that hasn't seen ink in years, and came up with this...


I started by stamping all the layers of these Azalea's in very light shades of purple, pink, aqua, yellow & peach using PFS inks.  After die cutting them all out I played with the arrangement on my A2 card base and decided it needed something more.   An embossed background (Spellbinders Geo Screen ef) did the trick!


I also stamped and die cut a few of the green leaves and buds and added them in before attaching my die cut sentiment (MB - Big Hugs Posh Script) and a few Trinity Stamps Crystal Ball Dewdrop Baubles for a finishing touch.  I'm usually not much of a pastel person, but have to admit I like the way this card with the soft colors turned out!

There's LOTS of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and their Special GD  Maria that you can find right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open till the 25th @ 5:00PM, so plenty of time left to play along!! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty in those soft pastels! I love the geometric background too. Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, those pretty colors and artful arrangement! I love the background embossing you chose, too, and there's enough of it showing to have a nice play with the azaleas. I think you achieved a good balance between your love of color and the pastel theme of the challenge. It's beautiful, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty colors you picked for the azaleas, Marcia! They look fabulous against that geo EF!

Bonnie said...

This is so beautiful in the pastel shades, Marcia! A beautiful rainbow of azaleas!

Cat Craig said...

Loving your rainbow of pastel azaleas. Love the subtle texture they are resting on as well.

TK said...

Ooooooohhh! Look at all those pretty pastels -- wonderful use of the colors

Viv said...

Such a pretty card and love your pastel colouring too Marcia, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Loll said...

I love the rainbow of colours with your pretty azalea's, Marcia! They look amazing over top of the embossed background. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Cara said...

I love how you’ve echoed the white border of the sentiment when cutting out the flowers, such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like I missed a lot while I was away, Marcia! I love your rainbow of pastel Azaleas! I spy that wonderful embossing again! Such pretty hugs!
Thanks so much for making The Flower Challenge gallery that much more beautiful!
=]