Friday, May 12, 2023

Triple B Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Triple B May Challenge where they are continuing their Spring theme with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms.


One of my favorite Springtime flowers are Tulips and The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Tulips are definitely my go to die set for creating these beautiful blooms.  Here's what I came up with...


I know black isn't the Springtime color you'd normally go for, but I LOVE red, black & white as a color combination and decided to try it for this Springtime card.  I started with Altenew's tulip 3D embossing folder and black cardstock, and then lightly brushed my Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink pad over the raised tulips.  After it dried I die cut a small circle opening, and then because it basically flattened out the piece running it through my Big Shot, I had to re-fit it into the embossing folder again to get the dimension back in the tulips.


 
My tulips started on white cardstock and then I used sponge daubers and Distress inks for the flowers and leaves (Lumberjack Plaid & Peeled Paint).  When I layered the tulips into the die cut circle opening, I felt like it was missing something, so I stamped in gray ink using a retired SU! background stamp called En Francais on a piece of white and then the tulips popped a bit more.  


Can you spot the tiny butterfly I added using Gina K's Beautiful Butterflies set?  Along with a die cut sentiment also from Gina K (Radiant Roses), this card didn't need anything else, although I was tempted to add some bling!!  I refrained!!  Although it doesn't show well in my photos, there is quite a bit of shimmer from the silver ink and also the layer of matte silver cardstock.  A bit dramatic, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out!  And maybe it's a nice way to say "over the hill" without being too mean!  Haha!!  Maybe I'll save it for my mom's 93rd birthday next year!  :0)

Lots and lots of BEAUTIFUL Springtime cards from the DT and also in the gallery, so it's definitely the place to go for inspiration!  You can check it out and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till May 31st @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, a stunning card, beautiful tulips and a beautiful background as well!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a classy and beautiful card Marcia! I love the black and silver shimmer of the background. How mixed media of you!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the chalkboard look the background has and the pop of those pretty red tulips! Fabulous card, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Fabulous impact with the large embossed tulips playing backup for your pretty little red tulips! I'll bet the silver is amazing in real life. Funny how the script made all the difference on the circle, but I know how those things work out sometimes. You're giving me ideas, Marcia. I see that pretty little butterfly, too. I love a card that pulls from various companies. I can see how much you enjoy your craft and that makes me happy. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Cat Craig said...

IT makes for a stunning visual, Marcia. Love this combo too...those were my wedding colors.

TK said...

Really beautiful, I LOVE the bold background with inking. While bold, it sets off the sweet tulips perfectly

Bonnie said...

An amazing background and sweet tulips, Marcia! I love how you've tucked them into that scripty circle!

I Card Everyone said...

HOW did I EVER miss these tulips??? Even the embossing folder is new to me!
Such a lot of delightful drama with the black and silver swiping, Marcia - fabulous in every way!
=]

Birgit said...

How did I miss this beautiful card?? This is stunning with black, white and the pop of red. I love how you enhanced the embossing with silver and the scripty background is fab! This card is dramatically beautiful, my friend!