Monday, May 1, 2023

Color Hues #63 - Hot Pink & Cyan

Hello friends.  It's a new month and time for a new challenge here at Color Hues.  Hannelie is our hostess this time around and she would like to see HOT PINK and CYAN.  


I played with PFS's Daisy Wreath and some Speckled Aura Hot Foil and came up with this card.  (My hot pinks almost look red in my photos, but trust me, they are very much HOT PINK!!!)


I did my hot foiling first and then used the coordinating stencils with Catherine Pooler's Party Dress and Fiesta Blue inks.


I've been using some new to me blending brushes from Altenew and am really loving them!  They're longer handled and so easy to grip and blend with...I would definitely like a few more!


I die cut the wreath 3 times from white cardstock to add a bit of dimension beneath the top stenciled and foiled layer and then attached to a panel that I used the Stitched Diamonds Coverplate Die on.  My sentiment is also from PFS and is again hot foiled with the Speckled Aura and the Fancy Script Words set.  This whole card shimmers and shines with the hot foiling and the colors look absolutely beautiful together!  

  The DT and our Special GD Kristin have outdone themselves once again with this lovely color combination, so check it out right HERE and then play along with us...we'd LOVE to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till Sunday May 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Birgit said...

This is very pretty in hot pink! Love the foiling and the stitching. A winner, for sure!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia this is so lovely - and looking very 'hot pink' to me! The speckles in the aura foil pick up the Cyan very well! A really gorgeous birthday card!
=]

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing card Marcia! I love the way you've used the challenge colours --- perfection! Thanks for the tip about the long-handled small sponges, will check them out. Love, Loll

Nancy said...

Marcia, We can certainly agree that this is one fabulous stencil and die combos from Pink Fresh! I do not have the foil plate and wish I did. Maybe I will go see how much it is.

Cat Craig said...

So many pretty elements to this card, Marcia and the pink and teal(cyan) look wonderful together.

Karen said...

Marcia, this is simply beautiful! I have a large Pinkfresh collection, but somehow the Daisy Wreath escaped me--so gorgeous, and beautifully colored. I won a set of those brushes quite some time ago, and I agree, they're great!

Lisa Elton said...

I love this wreath and I love what you've done with it! It looks like hot pink to me, Marcia and it's fabulous! I need to get my hands on a set of small brushes!

Kristin Sluhan said...

What a cool foil! I love your card and the background is so cool! Thanks for vistiting and commenting on my blog!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this wreath, Marcia! It's a beautiful way to use these colors! It all looks so pretty on the stitched diamonds!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, from where I sit the pink looks pink and it is gorgeous! I love those cyan leaves, too. The whole wreath is spectacular and it looks even more fabulous sitting on the diamonds coverplate. While I'm at it I cannot fail to mention the sparkly party-confetti-type foiling. This card has it all!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Marcia - with the hot foiling and your lovely colors - so much texture and sparkle! Guess I need to check out those little blending brushes..... Julia xx

JulieP said...

Wowzers! Love the gold foiling and that wonderful background. So, so pretty!

Stef Perry said...

So, so gorgeous Marcia! Love the hot pink and Cyan matched up with the sparkle of the Aura foil! It makes a very elegant statement!

Julie B said...

Love the touch of twinkle you get with the foil you chose here Marcia. The Daisy wreath is so pretty too. I might just have suggest to the OH that a hot foil system would be a great birthday pressie!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is gorgeous!! I know photography can be hard, especially with foil! I see hot pink and the finished flower is so lovely. I have been wanting to try those AN brushes. I use the mini AN brushes but I think I should try some of this pencil style brushes for details!

Cindy Beach said...

Marcia, your card is spectacular! I love the wreath and it's especially elegant with the foiling and pretty textured background. You nailed the color choices!

cm said...

Apologies for the late commenting...again. I need someone to organize me.
Your daisy wreath is a breath-taken-away knockout in these colours! Those - an gold - makes for one stunning card.
hugs~carol