Monday, September 11, 2023

A Couple More Letterpress Cards...

Hello friends.  Just a quick post today sharing a couple cards I made with Michele's Altenew and spellbinder's Letterpress plates.

My 1st card uses the Spellbinder's Pressed Bouquet letterpress plate...


The actual colors on this card are much deeper in real life, but my photo editing program wasn't playing nice with me and it looks a little washed out to me compared to the actual card.  So just imagine deeper pinks and brighter yellow/oranges.  I used my Copics to color and then used Spellbinders Hemstitched Dies to add the framing around the image before adding to a Lilac card base.  My sentiment is a pre-printed strip from Gina K and a few lilac gems from PFS finished off this pretty floral card.


My 2nd card uses Altenew's Floral Engravings letterpress plate...


I used my Copics in coral shades for this card and finished it simply with a birthday sentiment from Gina K that was embossed in gold on black cs and then die cut.  A few gold pearls (also Gina K) finished off this simple card.

There are more and more letterpress plates coming out for the holidays and they are all absolutely beautiful and I want them all!  Will I get them all?  Nope.  Not rich.  Maybe a few new ones though.  I know it's hard to see in the photos, but the deep etched look you get from using the letterpress technique is just sooooo pretty!!  They are definitely oooooooh and ahhhhhhhhh cards in real life!  Thanks you so much sweet Michele for sharing with me...I truly had fun coloring these up and making them into cards!!  Crafting friends truly are the best, aren't they?!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both so gorgeous, Marcia! Your coloring is amazing. I can just imagine how beautiful these are in real life.

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, my friend! They turned out just beautifully! I also think the colors are perfect! Isn't it great that the Betterpress ink can be water, or Copic colored??
Oh, I have a few of the Christmas plates to share - soon!
=]

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards, Marcia. Isn't it fun to share with friends??!! What fabulous images to colour and you did amazing work with your Copics. xx

Bobby said...

Beautifully colored, Marcia. I'm glad you're enjoying the BetterPress and sharing plates.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are pretty, Marcia! You've colored them perfectly too. Them hemstitched frame was a great choice for the first bouquet. I can't wait to see more!

Bonnie said...

Crafting friends are THE BEST, Marcia! Both of these are beautiful and your coloring makes them so! Such pretty cards, my friend!

TK said...

These are stunning and simply gorgeous, both! Love the colors, the extra hemstitch details and you are definitely blessed to call Michele a friend (especially when you two are close enough to share)!!!

Cat Craig said...

This is quite the beautiful card, Marcia. Fabulous colors.

!neke said...

Two great cards !!!!!
Love the colors !!!
groeten Ineke

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, look at this! My jaw has dropped. You've done some beautiful coloring and designing on your cards, Marcia. I look forward to the day I can get back to some leisurely cardmaking.