Friday, September 15, 2023

Color Hues #72

Hello Crafters,

Today, we have a very special Challenge here at Color Hues!  

In conjunction with our normal Color Challenge, The Color Hues Design Team and a few guests, from our sister challenge Seize the Birthday, are participating in a Blog Hop! 

Collectively as a team, we are hopping in memory of our dear friend, fellow cardmaker, and Design Team member, Lindsey Martin-Penny, who sadly passed away last year from a rare and aggressive form of Ovarian Cancer. 


The purpose of this hop will be to honor Lindsey, celebrate her life and all that she loved, as well as spread the word to raise funds for Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Research.  


How can you Help? You can find all the fabulous details and the start of the hop HERE!


In honor of Lindsey, the team has created a variety of cards using her favorite color combo of Purple and Red.



I didn't know Lindsey all that well except for comments she would leave when I used to play along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge each November , and Lindsey's tags would always inspire me, which in turn would have her leaving sweet and encouraging comments on my posts!


To honor Lindsey and her favorite color combination, I pulled out an older MFT stamp set called Pretty Poppies, which I thought was appropriate considering Poppies are connected with remembrance.  Take a look...



I started by inking my Poppies with Poppy ink (C&9th) and then used a dark Lilac ink (Gina K) around the edges of the Poppies.  I added the stems and leaves in Dove ink (C&9th) and then fussy cut the images out.  The Pretty Poppies stamp set also comes with a script stamp which I inked up with SU!'s Highland Heather half way up a strip of cardstock, and then tore both sides for a bit of interest before attaching to a panel of white that I had added texture to using SU!'s Subtle embossing folder.



To finish I added a sentiment from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You and also a few purple gemstones from PFS.  


We hope you'll play along with us for the next 2 weeks using Lindsey's favorite colors and flood our gallery with all sorts red & purple cards.  We have lots of inspiration for you at our challenge site that you can find right HERE.  This challenge will be open till Thursday, September 28th @ 9:00AM.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Marcia! What a wonderful remembrance of Lindsey! The poppies are brilliant and I love the script with the torn edges! An awesome use of these colors!

Julie B said...

An ingenious way of combing the two colours Marcia, love the soft purple script stamping behind those poppies. :)

Bobby said...

Poppies are my second favorite flower and yours are beautiful, Marcia. I love the torn panel with the script on it. What a wonderful tribute to Lindsey.

Loll said...

Amazing card to honour your dear friend, Lindsey. I love the combination of purple and red on your beautiful poppies. And the torn script on your card is just perfect for the occasion. Great work Marcia.

I Card Everyone said...

Keeping up with commenting on IG and forgetting to come by your blog - thank goodness for my Followit news this morning!
I love Poppies, Marcia - the perfect flower to pick for honoring Lindsey... and the purple script still gets all the heart-eyes, my friend!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry about Lindsey. I didn't know her but I can certainly empathize with the loss felt by all those who loved her. You've made a beautiful card in tribute, Marcia.

Emily Leiphart said...

Marcia, you know Lindsey would absolutely love this card! Poppies were one of her favourite flowers and the text is a tribute to her love of books and reading. Thank you for participating in this special tribute to our dear friend! 💜❤️

Cat Craig said...

Love all the texture you added.

Nancy said...

Emily took the words right out of my mouth. The script text reminded me right away of what an avid book lover Lindsey was. This is a beautiful card! Thanks for making the colors so appealing.

TK said...

Amazing and beautiful, such a perfect tribute to Lindsey! Love the script behind the flowers, and you've chosen the perfect colors

Birgit said...

What an amazing thing your all are doing to honor Lindsey's memory and support this most needful cause. Your card is gorgeous my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

Your bright and beautiful poppies look perfect on the purple script background! This is fabulous, Marcia!

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, this is such a lovely card with the beautiful poppies and addition of the script background. Love your gorgeous card and from the other comments, you definitely channeled some of the things Lindsey loved - poppies, reading and CAS, and that is just the best!

cm said...

Gorgeous poppies; perfect as a remembrance of and tribute to Lindsey. Love this!
~carol

Cindy Beach said...

This card is so gorgeous and such a beautiful tribute, Marcia. I love your textures with the torn and embossed layers, and your thoughtfulness in using the poppies. LOVE how you added the lilac to the stamped images, you have so inspired me with this card!

JulieP said...

Wow! I am so in love with your torn script layer on this gorgeous card!!! (Note to self...) Beautiful. Lindsey and I became friends during the tag challenges too.

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it and Lindsey would have too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia his is absolutely so gorgeous! The script in the background is such a lovely touch! This is my second time visiting, the first time my computer crashed before I posted--lol Oh well I got to come back and see this beauty again!