Sunday, September 3, 2023

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge

Hello friends.  Got a little bit of a head start on a couple Halloween cards this morning for my youngest grandbabies and the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge was the perfect place to enter them!


I loved the photo on the lower left, but I think that's a bit scary for my 3 week old grandson and 3 year old granddaughter, so I pulled out a couple fun images from CCC and Anita Jeram.


I had just received my Watercolor Plaid Stencils from the latest release at PTI, and had to try them out with a few Halloween colors!


I used Gina K inks for the plaid (Key Lime, Lucky Clover, Tangerine Twist & Tomato Soup) background and then used The Greetery's Crimped Rectangle Die to give some interest to edges of the plaid panel.  I also used The Greetery's Crimped Circle Die to stamp my greeting on and add the cute little mouse from CCC's Pumpkin Bucket mini stamp set.  A few Diso Ball Sequins (Gina K) and some black & white baker's twine finished off my first card.


Used the same Watercolor Plaid Stencil for this 2nd card, but just used residual ink left on my blending brushes for the colors.  I also used The Greetery's Postal Frame Dies on this card and then stamped and colored with my Copics the little bat carrying the pumpkin bucket from CCC's A Little Batty mini stamp set.


I took a closeup photo hoping you'd be able to see the WOS on the bats wings, but no such luck!  I added a few PFS orange sparkly gems to finish this one.

I would also like to enter these 2 cards into Darnell's NBUS #54 Challenge since I bought both of these mini Halloween stamp sets last year when they were on sale and just used them for the 1st time now.  Better late than never, right?  RIGHT??!!


The Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge is open till September 28, so check out all the fun inspiration and then play along! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both super cute and not scary at all! I love the water color plaid background!! There you go, enabling me once again..... Off to see if it's in stock.

I Card Everyone said...

Just so cute, Marcia! and we forgot to coordinate our shopping this month - I bought this stencil, too!!!
I hope their parents have a special box for saving all the sweet cards you've sent them! These are both keepers - they ALL are!
=]

Linda said...

Marcia, two awesome Halloween cards for the grandbabies. Love the plaids. Hope all is well with you. Have a triplet update on my blog.

Bobby said...

I love a good plaid, Marcia, and both of your qualify. They made great backgrounds for the cute little images that a perfect for the young'uns.

Bonnie said...

Adorable Halloween cards and so perfect for your little ones, Marcia! Love the images and how you've colored them and the plaid backgrounds are amazing! How fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Those little AJ critters were the perfect choice for your grandbabies, Marcia! The plaid backgrounds are fun too. Darling cards, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Darling images, Leslie and I am so loving that plaid you created for both the images to lounge on.

Diane said...

Adorably cute and perfect cards for your grands, I absolutely love them!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my GOSH, these are so CUTE! Just the sort of Halloween cards I love. Perfect for the little ones, but for us grown up kids, too. The watercolor plaid stencil is amazing and you chose wonderful fall colors. I always enjoy your mixed and matched products. It's all about the fun!

Darnell said...

First of all, if I haven't said it before, congratulations on your new baby grandson! I'll have to scroll backwards (story of my life these days!🙃)to see if there's a photo. Your two Halloween cards are so cute and just perfect for the littles! You watercolored those plaids through a stencil and did it that neatly? I must check out those stencils! The plaids and borders add tons of interest to the cut AJ images. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell