Monday, September 25, 2023

Double D- Birthday Balloons

Hello friends.  The Double D Challenge is hosting a new challenge with Birthday Balloons...




I only have a few balloon stamps and I think it's because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the little balloon holding bunny from Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft Co. (Birthday Wishing) soooooooo much that I just can't help but use him over and over again!  My birthday card stash is getting a little low, so I made two cards for today...one pink and one blue so that guy or gal is covered!!


 I started with a stenciled background using PFS's Geometric Tile and inks.  My bunnies were Copic colored and then added to an inner frame piece (PFS) that I embossed using SU!'s new Cheery Patterns folders.  A few silver sequins finished both of these cards off.



I feel much better having a couple birthday cards to add to my dwindling stash!!  The gals over at the Double D have lots of fabulous inspiration for you, so if you're in need of birthday cards like I was, go check them out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Oct. 1st @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Loll said...

These cards are so sweet, Marcia. I LOVE that adorable bunny! The embossed panel mimics the looks of balloons in the background, such a clever design. Awesome stenciling that is pretty in both colours. Great work Marcia! xx

Bonnie said...

Awh, these are so sweet, Marcia! I love these little bunnies and you've given them a fantastic background! Looks like a winner to me!

Lisa Elton said...

This little fella is one of my all time favorites too, Marcia! Cute stenciling in the background and perfectly colored. That guy and gal are going to have extra happy birthdays when they open their cards!

Birgit said...

Yay for you for adding two birthday cards to your stash! They're both just as cute as can be with the A.J. image. What a great double background you've created for both of these. So glad you linked up to the DD challenge. Best of luck to you!

Diane said...

I love~love your birthday balloons cards, her little critters are the cutest aren't they!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

TK said...

Your cards are so sweet, and it's easy to see why you get away with a favorite balloon stamp -- he's simply adorable!

Cat Craig said...

These are such fun and are festive for celebrating.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I think Followit is broken - I'm not getting ANY news from them! are you?
I'm so glad I saw these darlings in the DD challenge gallery! Each one absolutely adorable! Your Copic coloring looks very much like water coloring and is so perfect! You're going to be shocked: the blue is my favorite today!
=]

Donna Phelan said...

Yes, that sweet little bunny is just darlin'. Such a very cute image! Great designs and coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Birthday Balloons Challenge. Donna, DT Member.