Tuesday, September 5, 2023

The Flower Challenge #84 - Use a Die

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge today where they would like us to use a DIE this month.


It's too bad I don't have any dies...hahahaha!!  The timing for this challenge worked out perfectly for me as I had borrowed a ASD stamp, DIE, & stencil set from my sweet friend Michele called Tulips Treasure and came up with this...


I stamped the outline image first in black, and then stenciled the flower and leaves using Gina K red & green inks.  I love deep red tulips and think this came out so pretty!  After DIE cutting the flower, I went to work on the background using a couple retired SU! background stamps.  I started with the Script stamp with Smoky Slate ink, and then stamped over the script with the Print Pattern stamp also in the Smoky Slate ink.  LOVE the way the background turned out!  I foiled in silver the sentiment which is also from ASD and fussy cut the "love" part.  A few silver metallic pearls (PFS) and this card was finished.

LOTS of gorgeous cards from the DT for inspiration, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till September 25th @ 5:00PM.

On a personal note:  Our family is growing...we welcomed Isaiah Christopher to the family on August 15th and he's perfect!  This is our 4th grandchild and the best part...he's local!!  Yes, this nana has been going to visit every couple days and getting all kinds of snuggle time in!  Nothing sweeter than a grandbaby...we've been blessed!!  (He's 3 weeks old in this picture.)



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Loll said...

First, congrats on welcoming Isaiah to the family!! He's beautiful, Marcia!! And lucky to have him close by. Now the card. AMAZING layered background. So cool stamping two background stamps in the same colour to create the most interesting background for your gorgeous bloom. It's a WOW! card, Marcia! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Being local, I'm hoping that I can get lucky enough to have a snuggle, too, Marcia - think Calla would bring him to your place when I come to play? Isaiah, you are one very handsome lad!
Now. about this card... GORGEOUS in these deep reds, Marcia! WOW does it pop! You couldn't have found a more wonderful background in a pricey paper pad! so beautiful!
=]

Birgit said...

Isaiah Christopher truly is perfect!! Look at him all wide eyed and wanting to be snuggled by his grandma. He is just as cute as can be!! Ok, focusing on the card now. It it stunning! I love the double stamped background and the bold color of that brilliant bloom. Sorry you don't have many dies to choose from. Maybe a shopping trip is in order. bahahahahaha! A gorgeous, gorgeous card, my friend and a delightful treat from your newest little one.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, first things first -- happiness for the whole family with a new little fella on the scene! Isaiah Christopher is a darling and you're going to have your hands and arms full at every opportunity. Congratulations! You made me giggle about the dies, Marcia! I'm right there with you. I need a bigger room! Those SU background stamps, too. I had to pare down to a smaller stack, but still have lots. I love how you layered these two with the lovely Smoky Slate. It makes such a nice background for your gorgeous tulip!

Bobby said...

I love your bright red tulip, Marcia, but it's your wonderful background that has me gobsmacked. Together they make one terrific card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.
So happy that you have that darling grandbaby close by.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Nana! Something tells me that you and Isaiah are going to be good buddies! I'm so happy for you! And I LOVE your red tulip and the background works perfectly to show it off! It's a showstopper!

Lisa Elton said...

NO dies... thanks for the giggles! Your card is marvelous, Marcia. The regal red tulip is a beauty. But I'm afraid little Mr. Isaiah Christopher steals the spotlight tonight! What a little doll he is. Congrats, grandma, enjoy all the snuggles you can get!!

Darnell said...

Aha, you fooled me, Marcia! I had to scroll forward! He is darling and looks more like 3 months old! I'm so happy for all ... nothing like a healthy baby and how wonderful that you live close enough that you can snuggle every couple of days! I'm trying not to be jealous and not succeeding! I know you will enjoy every moment! Hugs, Darnell

TK said...

Precious card, and gorgeous colors, it only takes a backseat to your precious grandson!

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on your new grand. Gorgeous card.

Nancy Penir said...

Oooooh, hearty congrats on Isaiah, my friend. He's precious! So alert! Wants more snuggles from grandma, I'm sure! Your gorgeous card caught my eye on Instagram, and had to come visit to learn more. Soooo glad I got to see sweet Isaiah! Grands are God's gift to we weary parents,! Hugs!

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, how wonderful to see your new cutie grandson with such a grand name! Love it! No doubt he'll cherish Grandma's love and snuggles. So happy for you and your family! ❤

As to your card, that tulip is a stunner and it just pops against the fab background! You're use of gray there may have some influence from someone we know lol? And using those two long retired SU Stamps worked brilliantly to showcase your beautifully colored bloom! I'm inspired to dig mine out if I still have them... So glad you played along with us at The Flower Challenge!

JoAnn said...

Congrats Marcia on your new precious grandson. He is adorable. So glad he is local to you and you can visit frequently. Love your pretty card with that big flower. Thanks for sharing the card and the photo of Isaiah Christopher.