Thursday, September 7, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #47

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where they have a beautiful AND fun mood board to inspire us!


I was inspired by the elves on the top right and the simple color combination of red & white on the top left, and came up with this fun card...


I fell in love with this little Peeking Elf from Hero Arts latest release...he reminds me of the elves from the old Rudolph movie that Burl Ives narrates.  The die is all one piece, so I cut it from white, red, very light pink, black, & white glitter cs, and then snipped apart the pieces and put it all back together like a puzzle.  Not difficult, just a little time consuming...but oh so cute when finished!!  


I used an old ef from Cuttlebug for the large dots background and the red & white strip is washi tape that I've had FOREVER!!  The sentiment (Sentimental Christmas by Reverse Confetti) was embossed in white and die cut with a couple Gina K circle dies.  I finished with a piece of red & white gingham ribbon and a few glitter dots from PFS.  

Lots of FABULOUS cards from the DT for inspiration, so if you need to get going on those Christmas cards, this is the perfect place to look!  You can find it all right HERE.  This challenge goes until Thursday, Sept. 14th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH, Marcia, he is so adorable! You do make magic happen with these puzzle-pieced die sets! I love the glittery goodness you've used for his cap, and shirt - and that sweet little gingham ribbon just brings it all home for Christmas!
=]

Bonnie said...

Awh! This is so cute, Marcia! That elf is the cutest ever and I love the candy cane strip edge, the glittery trim and sweet sentiment, not to mention all that gorgeous red and white!

Bobby said...

He does look like the Rudolph elves, Marcia, and I love how you dressed him up with some glitter. The washi worked great for a 'wall' for him to peek around.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of CUTE! The sparkle, the polka dots, the candy cane stripes he's peeking out from behind... it's all delightful, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable. love the dotted embossing and that cute elf peeking out.

Loll said...

This elf is so cute, Marcia! Love him peeking around the corner. :) Love the dotty embossed background too. Fun card, my friend! xx

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, I just LOVE this little guy and what a fun design! SURE to bring a holiday smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

TK said...

Adorably fun! Love that he's peeking at the bounty under the tree as opposed to just sitting on a shelf 😉

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, Marcia, this is the cutest elf ever! He totally looks like a layering die and my hat is off to your cleverness in making him appear as such. You know I love this kind of card. So much FUN!

Lia said...

Oh, the little elf is soooo cute! What an adorable card!
Lia DT POE

Birgit said...

This little elf is completely adorable Marcia! I fell in love with all their peeking dies as well when I saw them but refrained. This looks just like a layering die, you snipped and glued so perfectly. From the polka dots to the candy cane strip, glitter and ribbon, this is just darling.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.