Thursday, September 28, 2023

Pinkfresh Holiday 2023 Create & Connect

Hello friends.  Last weekend I had the joy and fun of participating in Pinkfresh Studio's Holiday Create & Connect event, where we attended 6 classes via Facebook with 6 AWESOME teachers!  This was my 3rd Create & Connect event I attended over the past 2 years and they just keep getting better and better!  This is a picture heavy post, so I'm not going to write much about the making of each card as you'd be here for a month or longer if I did!  None of the products you'll see are available to the public yet, but eventually they will release most of them (I think).  If you have any questions about any of the cards, feel free to contact me and I will try to answer as best I can.  Let's get started.


  Class one was taught by Lea Lawson with this sweet Holiday Spirit set.  Lea's slimline card (left) was regular size and I changed mine to a mini slimline...I just like this size better than the larger slimline.  Such a FUN set that I will use again and again and of course Lea is an amazing teacher!!


Class 2 (Holiday Gifts) was taught by Carissa Wiley and both these cards are interactive with pull features.  I always have a hard time keeping up with Carissa (I'm a slow stamper!!) but she sure is a talented card maker and I loved her cards too!  Especially that envelope...I just LOVE the stencil that creates the little lines around the edge of the envelope (card on left)!!


 Class 3 was taught by Amy Yingling of The Stamp Market and I was blown away by her creativity and the beautiful cards we made!  This set is called Festive Foliage.


Sorry for the poor lighting but this card is an easel card and just absolutely STUNNING in real life!!


Another poor lighting photo and I wish I could have gotten this one to stand up to get a better photo, but my leaves extended out farther than the card base and makes it hard to stand up.  It's a bi-fold card with the center circle/sentiment what holds the card closed.  Another stunner of a card!!


Class 4 was taught by Heather Hoffman and the set is called Folk Snowflake.  I wasn't too sure about this set at the beginning but it ended up being a favorite too!  Heather is an AWESOME teacher and so easy to follow!  The card on the left is a shaker card and just SO PRETTY!!  Love the vellum layer on the card on the right too!  A really FUN class!!

 

Class 5 was taught by Channin Pelletier and this was a 1st introduction to her for me and I just absolutely LOVED her teaching style!  Very laid back and easy going and the cards were just lovely!  The stamp set we used is called Ornaments & Foliage.  The background on the left card was water colored and I wasn't real sure about it when I first saw the pictures in the tutorial, but it ended up being one of the coolest backgrounds I've ever done...you use a straw!!  Fun, FUN!!


Class 6 was supposed to be taught by Jennifer McGuire, but because of shoulder surgery that got scheduled the day before, she had Kristina Werner teach the class and she is also an AMAZING teacher!!  These are both interactive cards where you pull a tab to see the gift card (on the left) or pull up to see the hidden message on the card on the right.  Don't you just LOVE the blue on the card on the right?  My sweet friend Loll enabled me to purchase this Audrey Blue cardstock from SSS...I love it!!


I had to play catch up most of this week finishing up these cards, but it was time so well spent as I just love ALL the cards!!  If you ever get the chance to do one of the Create & Connect events, go for it...so worth it!  Thanks so much for sticking with me this long, and again, if you have any questions about any of the cards, don't hesitate to ask!  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow! Wow! and WOW!! These are all gorgeous Marcia! Looks like you certainly got the most out of this event. I love the sparkle on the wreath card and all the layers and depth of the oversized JOY card. The cards with the holiday cocktails are so soft and sweet and I'm loving the postal themed cards with that delightful envelope, which is so popular right now. I wasn't sure about the oversized snowflake set too, but your cards show just how stunning it can be. The ornament cards are so sweet and have a bit of a vintage flair, which I love. The gift card holders are brilliant. Beautifully done my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

I can see how much you enjoyed your Crafty sessions, Marcia! Every card is a gem - my favorite of all is the one from The Stamp Market - those colors are speaking my language!
=]

Cat Craig said...

It looks like you had such fun and it was money and time well spent. Love these fab cards.

Bobby said...

They are all so wonderful, Marcia. The products available to you made such beautiful Christmas cards. I'm sure it was fun 'meeting' the designers and learning from them.

TK said...

Every card is beautiful in their own right -- so many pretties, and a great bunch for your Christmas stash!

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun way to spend a week, Marcia! What a wonderful and varied selection of cards!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA what a gorgeous line-up of cards, Marcia! Looks like you are an A+ student. The Stamp Market cards are my favorite. Fabulous work, Marcia!

Loll said...

WOW! Look at all those amazing cards you made, Marcia! What a fabulous course with a variety of teacher and card styles. So fun! xx

Leslie Miller said...

There simply aren't enough WOWs to express how much I love all these cards!