Sunday, September 10, 2023

Double D Challenge - FALL PLAIDS

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Double D Challenge where it's all about the FALL PLAIDS!


Don't you just LOVE all the bright and warm colors of Fall?!  And to add in PLAID??  I mean, what's not to LOVE?!!  I started with a piece of plaid dsp from an older SU! 6 x 6 package for my background and went from there.  Here's what I came up with...


 Between the plaid, the colorful leaves and the pumpkin, I think I managed to portray what Fall looks like here in Michigan.  Most years it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL here in my state.  Every once in a while we get weather that just doesn't cooperate and then the colors don't seem quite as bright, but most years look just like my card!  My pumpkin comes from the Greetery's Plump Pumpkin Dies and was inked up with DOX inks and then splattered with a bit of white acrylic paint.  The branch and colorful leaves are also from The Greetery (BotaniCuts Mighty Oak) and were once again inked up with DOX inks.  I also splattered the leaves with a bit of water as DOX inks activate with it so perfectly!


I finished my card with a sentiment that I use every Fall from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers because I love it so much, and also a couple Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.  

Thank you Double D for putting together a challenge that uses two of my favorite things...FALL & PLAIDS!  You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT right HERE and then play along!  This challenge is open till Sunday, Sept. 17th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

TK said...

Beautiful fall colors, and plaids too -- gotta love the card!

Lisa Elton said...

You captured fall beautifully on your card, Marcia! This is lovely!

Loll said...

Your fall colours and plaids shows the warmth and coziness of autumn, Marcia. Great card! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I am mad about your plaid! I even went shopping for some new plaids and didn't find anything I liked - your old SU dsp is perfect! LOve that bit of purple in the mix.

Your big ol' pumpkin makes such a statement, Marcia. If only all oak trees' leaves could be colored by YOU!
=]

Diane said...

A gorgeous fall card and it sure is a pretty plaid and a pretty design!! We sold our lake house this summer so won't be traveling thru Michigan on I75 and the colors were spectacular in the fall, but they are beautiful in our part of the state too, I love fall, it's just too short is all lol!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Bobby said...

That pumpkin fills your card front beautifully and looks perfect on that wonderful plaid with the colorful leaves. It does say 'Fall' in every way, Marcia. I'm sorry I didn't bring any of my plaids with me.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow. This is absolutely beautiful! The dies, your inking, the splatters... the fabulous plaid! I love all these colors for fall. You aced the challenge, Marcia. It's good to see you there!

Cat Craig said...

Lots of interest in this card so many sweet touches.

Bonnie said...

We don't usually get the bright colors of fall here, but I treasure each bright leaf I see! Love this big pumpkin and the branch full of fall bounty! That beautiful plaid is an extra bonus!

Birgit said...

Brilliant fall colors on this gorgeous card! We normally get rich fall colors too, for sure, some years are better than others. Hoping with all the rain we've had, we'll be in full fall bloom this year. Love your beautiful fall card Marcia!