Wednesday, September 20, 2023

"TIS THE SEASON

Hello friends.  I know it's not really "the season" yet, but it will be here before we know it, so I'm really trying to keep up with my Christmas card making!  The Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge has a beautiful mood board (as always!) and has helped inspire my card today.


I was inspired by the snowy scenes, the trees and the window, and came up with this card...


I blended my background first with 3 shades of blue Gina K ink and then stamped the trees and bird from Penny Black's woodsy set in black ink.  I also splattered with white acrylic paint for snow, and then also sprayed the panel with Sheer Shimmer Mist in silver...very hard to see but in real life this really sparkles and shines!  To make my arched window die cut I used a couple different dies...Gina K's Master Layouts #5 and PFS's Terrarium die, and then put foam tape behind it for dimension.  The window was set against an embossed panel that is a retired SU! embossing folder called Winter Snow.


 My sentiment banner is from Spellbinder's Make It Merry Sentiments die set where the top layer has the sentiment cut out and then I backed it with a solid banner cut from silver sparkle cs.  I wish my photo would have shown it off better as it's really pretty when the light hits it!

How are you doing with your Christmas card stash?  Have you even started?  I don't mass produce, so I do need to really play all year long to have enough to send out.  The DT has BEAUTIFUL inspiration to help you get motivated if you need it and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, September 28th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Marcia, you were nicely inspired. I love that arched window. I have about 2/3's of my cards done. So I'm not going to feel crunched.

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet winter scene! Almost makes me ready for warm cozy days at home near the fire in winter......... aaahhhh, guess not. But your card is gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely scene outside that window, Marcia! This is a wonderful card. My stash is pretty low... pathetic actually!!

Diane said...

Oh wow, absolutely gorgeous, a beautiful scene!! Like you, I don't normally mass produce, but I do a bit of it with my Christmas cards I am sending out so I usually order some somewhat easy supplies that I love, this year it's stencils, we'll see how far I get, HAH!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

I Card Everyone said...

My second time seeing such a gorgeous twilight sky today! You and Cat might have been crafting together, Marcia! I LOVE this window die and the view outside is stunning, too!
=]

Bobby said...

What a lovely scene outside the window, Marcia. Your ink blending made a great sky and the birds and trees really bring it all to life.

Jeanne H said...

Indeed, a very beautiful and scenic card you have made. Thanks for sharing it.

TK said...

Very pretty and we'll just have to imagine all that beautiful shimmer and sparkle! I love the arched window

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty, peaceful scene through your window, Marcia! Love the banner with the sentiment! A wonderfully inspired card, my friend!