Friday, September 20, 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge

Hello friends.  This month's challenge over at CAS Stencil is all about using different baby wipe techniques.


I used a new to me stencil from SSS's Stamptember celebration called Floral.  Because I used a smaller piece of the design I made with the stencil, I thought I'd take a photo of the actual stencil and a piece of what it actually looks like when it's inked up so you have a better idea what it really looks like.



Isn't that such a pretty stencil?!  Love the delicate lines of it!!  Because I used DOX inks for my actual card and the baby wipe, the lines on stenciled piece are not quite as fine as they are pictured above, but I still like how my card came out...



I blended Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, & Seedless Preserves DOX inks over a piece of white cardstock and when dry, I placed the stencil over top and then gently pounced more than rubbed a baby wipe over the stencil.  When it was dry, I used The Greetery's Crimped Frame Dies to die cut my rectangle, and then sprayed quite liberally with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz.



In this photo you can see the sparkle a bit at the top.  I mounted my stenciled piece to a piece of black cardstock and then adhered to a white card base.  Next I added 2 Elizabeth Craft Designs Dandelion Fluff die cuts and then finished with my sentiment (PTI - Boutique Borders: Sympathy Set).  The colors are rather muted on this card, but I think it's perfect for a sympathy card.

You have until the 24th to play along with the CAS Stencil Challenge, so check out all the beautiful examples using baby wipes from the DT and then give it a try...FUN!!  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Marcia for sharing a photo of the beautiful flower stencil and beautiful stenciled background. Gorgeous! Love your stenciled baby wipe technique for your beautiful and thoughtful Sympathy card. Your die cut flowers and border were the perfect finishing touches. So pleased you added your card to our CAS Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty shades of lilac you've used! This is marvelous Marcia!

Mac Mable said...

Actually I think the wispy effect from the technique is perfect with the theme and sentiment of your card Marcia. The stencil is really pretty and thank you for showing us what it looks like....A real stunner x.

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful stencil, Marcia! I love the muted look of the baby wiped background and the sweet crimped edges! The die cut dandelions are a beautiful contrast! A perfect sympathy card, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, love the soft effect with the baby wipe and love the stencil :)

Julia Aston said...

That stencil is beautiful Marcia - and lovely how you can get two looks from it! Your die cut overlays in the white are so pretty against the purple too! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Marcia, I agree that is a really nice stencil and your baby wipe lift worked wonderfully - thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! What a lovely stencil for this technique.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful stencil and stunning card! I love those colours...

Loll said...

Your card is beautiful, Marcia! Love the colours you've used for blending ... and the gorgeous stencil. Using the baby wipe to remove colour does tend to blur the lines, but it looks fabulous as your background. Your white flower and framing are perfect! I now need to go to SSS and add that stencil to my wish list! You enabled me this time! :) xx