Monday, September 9, 2019

Playing Cards with Friends

Hello friends.  A couple of weeks ago I went to sweet Michele's house for a play date, and we had lots of fun playing with MFT stamps, a yummy lunch, and lots and lots of chit chatting and laughter!  Aren't stamping friends just the best?!!

So how about we start with a bit of Fall, since it is fast approaching in my neck of the woods...cooler nights and wonderful daytime temps!


This little cutie is from the Thankful Friend set and I colored her up with my Copics and fussy cut her out before attaching her to a Crimped Frame Die (The Greetery) that I blended a little bit of Salty Ocean DI to.


Not that I'm wishing for snow or anything, but had to color up this sweetie (Warmest Wishes) too, and then added her to a fun die cut background (one of Michele's dies that I LOVE!!) and a couple strips of DSP (Let It Snow - Carta Bella).  The wooden snowflake is a an older SU! embellie.


And who could resist this sweet little girl from the Rain or Shine set?!  Not me!!  I did some Copic coloring on her and the rest (raincoat, boots, and umbrella) were paper pieced with PTI's Bitty Big DSP.  The polka dotted frame is also PTI...Pierced Feature Frames Dies.


And this cutie is already to party with the Sweet Birthday Wishes set.  Copic colored again and quite liberally doused with WOS, and then framed with DSP from MFT's Over The Rainbow 6 x 6 pad.


How about we switch up to a bit of Halloween?  My granddaughter's favorite color is purple, so this sweet little card from the Spooktacular Friends will be going to her next month.


And this fun little mouse (also from Spooktacular Friends) will be going to my grandson.  I embossed the background with a SU! Spider Webb folder and then lightly blended some gray ink over the top.  Next I sprayed a LOT of Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spray over the web, and it really looks fabulous!!

Are you still with me??!!  My last card is not an MFT one, but Michele had this daisy set (Uniko Gerbera) that I fell in love with, and had to stamp a few in different colors!


I used Catherine Pooler inks on the flower and leaves, and then added another strip of kraft cardstock that I used Michele's cool stitched die on.  The "thank you" is PTI's Penned Elegance.

Can you tell that Michele and I had LOTS of FUN?!!  We not only talked a blue streak, but we actually made quite a few cards too!  Always fun to get together with stamping friends and sharing stamps...thank you SOOOOO much Michele for inviting me over and sharing...I had a blast!

You can check out Michele's cards right HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Marcia, I'm am totally blown away with your cards [all the time!] but can't believe WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT that we've each done a SEASONAL gallery of cards!!!! I'm so happy to have so many of your cuties to color yet - now those Stacey Yacula images are calling my name - big time!
LOve every. single. card! and YOU!
=]

conil said...

I'm impressed that you and Michele were able to get so much done in between the snacks and chit chat. Bet there was a bit of hilarity, as well. Thase are all so adorable and beautifully executed. Michele's a lucky girl to have a pal like your.

Viv said...

Such a lovely set of cards Marcia! You're so lucky to have friends near you who share your love of stamping!

JoAnn said...

Wow, looks like you had lots of fun Marcia. Love all your cards. Those PI images from MFT are adorable. I have to admit that I have a whole bunch of them. :)

Bobby said...

You two definitely got WAY more completed than when Michele and I craft together. These are all fantastic, Marcia. Your Copic coloring is amazing. I can't wait until I get to come craft with you.

Bonnie said...

You two got an unbelievable amount done in such a short amount of time! I'm impressed! Love each of these sweet little gals ready for all kinds of weather! The Halloween owl and mouse are adorable and the daisy is gorgeous! Best of all is the fun memories!

Loll said...

Wow!! That's a lot of cards Marcia! And they are all fantastic! So adorable, great images, great colouring, great embellishments. They have it all. What a fun day you for you and Michele! I can imagine that it was non-stop talking!! :) Off to check out Michele's post! xx

Lisa Elton said...

OH...MY...GOODNESS!!! These are are delightful. You might force me into a little crafty shopping LOL! The little one with all of her polka dots is as sweet as can be. And that owl, love him!!

nancy littrell said...

OMG..you girls must have been doing non-stop crafting, chatting and giggling to accomplish so much in just one day!!! I am impressed and loved every single one of your seasonal creative fun card designs, Marcia. You make me want to get out some DSP, embellishments and much more:-) I loved all your stamps and embellishments. Loved Michele's amazing cards too:-) Thank you for sharing, my friend. Stamping friends always have such a Great Time!!! Hugs...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous set of cards, Marcia!! Just love all your coloring and fun designs, especially the Halloween owl!

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, you two got a lot accomplished amid all the chit chat and giggles. I can't even begin to choose a favorite, but I'm in love with all the polka-dotty goodness on your Rain or Shine card, but then those Purple Onion cards make my heart smile too. I love each and every one of your sweet cards my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! You sure did a lot of crafting and each one is beautiful!! The first one is my favourite pick! Stunning!

Anita in France said...

You were so productive in between munching and chatting and laughing, Marcia ... what a fun time you both had! Your cards are adorable ... each one is so beautifully detailed and wonderfully composed ... those POD ones are especially sweet! Hugs, Anita :)