Wednesday, September 11, 2019

CAS Mix Up - Inchies

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months Challenge at CAS Mix Up where they are looking for INCHIES on our cards.


I have BONNIE to thank for my card today after seeing her card HERE.  I absolutely LOVED the Alexandra Renke Washi Tape she used to make her inchies, and of course I HAD to have some of my own...so I went shopping!  Thanks Bonnie!!  :0)

Here's what I came up with:


Isn't it beautiful washi tape?  Sure made making this card a pleasure!  After adhering the washi tape to a strip of white cardstock, I cut it into 3 squares, and then matted each with gold mirror cardstock and Mossy Meadow cardstock.  Here's a closer up so you can see the details better:


I used a SU! Pine Bough embossing folder to attach my inchies to, and then stamped my greeting from Gina K's Festive Flower stamp set in the open space with Mossy Meadow ink.  Layered with a piece of Mossy Meadow cs and a white card base to finish off my simple card.

So many BEAUTIFUL examples from the CAS Mix Up DT and in the gallery already, so check it out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Birgit said...

That's washi tape?? This is beautiful! I thought it was printed paper. Your inchies look amazing on your crisp white card and the embossed pine branch is perfect. What a stunning card my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you matted the inchies in gold and green, Marcia - so elegant on that embossed pine!!

Mac Mable said...

Wow your card is stunning Marcia and so very delicate and pretty. The background dry embossing is a fabulous touch and yes Bonnie's card is so inspirational .....I love your card Marcia x.

I Card Everyone said...

Three [not so] square inches of beauty, Marcia!! you know I love that dry embossing, right?
=]

Bobby said...

There are those perfectly cut tiny borders that I love on your cards, Marcia. They really make the washi covered inchies stand out.

Lisa Elton said...

That is pretty Washi and the pine in the background is pretty awesome too!

JoAnn said...

I have never seen Washi Tape as pretty as this. Your card is lovely and I like the way you have used the Washi tape. Have a wonderful day.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Washi Tape inchies Christmas card design, Marcia. I love the dry embossed pine boughs background and sentiment too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Kara Lynne said...

That is some gorgeous washi tape! I can see why you had to get it. Bonnie has to be tickled about her enabling skills! It's one thing to have gorgeous washi, and it's another thing to build a beautiful card with it. You certainly achieved that! Such a beautiful design, Marcia, with the perfect balance of the dry embossing and the sentiment. I love the layers you added to your inchies too!

Bonnie said...

LOL, turnabout, Marcia! You've inspired me to shop more than once! I have some of this Washi too and I can CASE this! Gorgeous, my friend! The bit of gold makes it so elegant and the embossed boughs are perfect!

Loll said...

Wow ... gorgeous card Marcia! I LOVE the washi tape you've used. Adding the two colours of matting really gives them presence. We all seem to enable each other to shop ... isn't it great??!! xx

Jo said...

Precious and divine. Love the richness of your card and the subtle dry embossed pines behind completes this beauty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Your lovely inchies look terrific with that embossed BG ... Gorgeous card!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, gorgeous inchies card, Marcia! Fantastic idea to use that beautiful washi tape and CASE Bonnie’s card! I love that you matted the inchies with the gold mirror cardstock. I think it made a big difference. The layout of the embossed boughs, inchies, and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you for adding this beauty to the CAS Mix Up gallery!
Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

Yep, that washi tape is beautiful, Marcia ... though it's the magic you bring to it that makes this card so gorgeous ... what a stunner! Hugs, Anita :)