Monday, September 23, 2019

Twofer Challenge #20 - CRITTERS

Hello friends.  This month's Twofer Challenge is all about CRITTERS.


For some reason I tend to always over-think this challenge, and as a result I end up posting closer and closer to the end date...grrrrr!  This particular challenge seemed so simple when I first saw it on the 10th...I mean how difficult can CRITTERS be?!!  But like I said, I tend to over-think and at first pulled out a Penny Black set that had a couple adorable bear images and colored them and fussy cut them out, and then sat there and stared at them.  And stared!  Are bears considered CRITTERS?  I guess when I really started thinking about it, I think of CRITTERS as small animals, but Darnell says CRITTERS are ANY living animal.  Oh brother!  Let's go to plan B!

I pulled out a MFT set called Spooktacular Friends and came up with these two cards...


I used the little bunny (bunnies are critters, RIGHT??!!) dressed up like a mummy to come up with a Halloween card and a Get Well card.


For my Halloween card I started with a blended background using Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey, & Fossilized Amber DOX inks, and then stamped the haunted house, spooky tree, and sentiment (all from the Spooktacular Friends set) with black ink.  I stamped and colored the little bunny with my Copics and then fussy cut and added to the blended panel.


My CAS get well card is a tad bit unconventional in that I'm using a mummy as someone who's been injured and all wrapped up, but I really like the way this one turned out!  I colored the bunny once again with my Copics (I used warm grays and cool grays on both bunnies, but switched the colors on each of the bunnies and their wrappings) and didn't add any rosy cheeks to this bunny so he looks a little pale after his mishap.  After fussy cutting him out I laid him down on the hospital bed (the straight black line) and stamped my sentiment underneath from PTI's Think Big Favorites: #24.  I used a simple stitched rectangle die (Lil Inkers) on the top layer and then matted with a piece of gray cs and adhered both to a white card base.

So there you have my Twofer and my stress level has gone back to normal now.  Check out what Darnell and her amazing DT have come up with for this challenge, and if you're real quick, play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my Marcia, your use of this little wrapped bunny couldn't be more clever. I never would have thought to make a get well soon card and it totally works! Two really adorable cards!!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous blended background for your adorable mummy bunny, Marcia ... it positively glows! Brilliant idea to use your bunny and his bandages to adorn your get well card ... he's sweet and so cute ... and would sure lift anyone's spirits! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

First let me say that these are two fabulous cards, Marcia. That little mummy-bunny is full-on cute! I love the non-scary vibe of your Halloween card; perfect for a little one! Perfectly blended background with its haunted house and not-quite scary tree! And that trick-or-treater is the darlingest (is that a word?...) But I had to give myself the old forehead slap. That mummy-bunny makes a PERFECT get well card! Oh you clever girl, you! I LOVE this idea! And you've kept it so wonderfully CAS, too. Ok...you've blown me away. Two fabulous cards, my friend. Thank you so very much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. xo Bev

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, Marcia, my challenge is NOT spose to get you all stressed out!!! I want it to be fun for you! It's just two cards using the same image. Once you've picked your image, make two different layouts for two different occasions and shazambam! I want to drive over and give you a hug and a wodka, lol! But, seriously, you always rock the concept, which I appreciate immensely, so please relax next time! Mwah!

In this case, after careful consideration of all your critter images, I LOVE that you used this bunny! Your coloring on both is flawless! It was a no-brainer to use him for a Halloween occasion and you did that brilliantly! But it was really genius outside-the-box thinking to lay him down and use him for a get well occasion! SO SO fun and sure to bring the recipient a smile! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #20! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy H. said...

Two adorable cards! The Halloween card is just so fun and the other, well it's sure to bring a smile - genius for sure!

I Card Everyone said...

It's quite obvious that Mr. Bunny has two broken legs, and a concussion, Marcia! He needed all your love, and then some! LOve these critters and mine are still waiting for some love! boo... like that cute guy could scare anyone!
=]

Bonnie said...

You have used this critter in two ways perfectly, Marcia! I love how the mummy has become a patient!

Lisa Elton said...

I had to giggle at your stress level comment...been there!! These are darling Marcia. That bandaged up bunny would make anyone feel better. Love the tiny pumpkin candy bucket the other little hare is holding! Two cute critter cards!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG!! These are so fabulous!! What great ways to use that bunny... I love them Marcia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable cards with that mummy bunny, Marcia! Perfect critter twofer!!

Bobby said...

It wasn't the critter images but the two different occasion sentiments that had me stymied, Marcia. That cute mummy looks great as an accident prone bunny.

Vikki H said...

If this contest is won on a"darling" category, you win!!! Oh, how fun Mr. Bunny looks laying down sick!

Kara Lynne said...

You over think because you always put your all in everything you do! That bunny is a sweet trick-or-treater on a perfectly blended Halloween background! Like everyone else here, I am blown away and so in love with your bunny patient in need of much mending! You're a genius, Marcia! Thanks for joining the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!