Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #18 - Get A Head-er Start

Hello friends.  Playing along with the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge and they would like us to use their Header for our inspiration...


And here's what I came up with:


I stuck with the same color theme, obviously the snowman, and the aqua and red scarf for my Christmas card.  My snowman stamp is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES and is called Blake (Rubbernecker Stamps).  I thought about coloring him all up and adding a bunch of glitter, but decided in the end to keep him plain so I could make the scarf pop.  Here's a closer up so you can see the sparkle on the scarf:


I used Concord & 9th's Woven Plaid Background Stamp in Aqua Mist ink for my background, and then added a partial cross stitched die cut circle (Gina Marie Designs) that I stamped a few clusters of tiny snowflakes onto for a little added interest.  I matted my plaid layer to a red layer, and both of those to a white card base.  I pop dotted Blake's one hand and his sign for a little added dimension and then finished off with a few clear sequins.  The "Joy To The World" sentiment is from PTI's Christmas Blessings stamp set.

There's still a few more days to play along with this challenge, so check it all out right HERE to play along and get a Head-er Start on those Christmas cards.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Blake is a real cutie! I also love your 'Joy to the World' sign. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Marcia, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Marcia! He's a keeper... or sender, which is even better!!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute snowman, Marcia - just love him and how you used the header colors!!

Bonnie said...

LOL! This guy is perfect for the Kickstart snowman inspiration! He is a joy!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh he's FUN! I agree, the pop of color from his scarf is perfect!

Angelnorth said...

What a cute snoman, love his twiggy hairdo! Great take on the Christmas Kickstart header!

Mac Mable said...

I can see why the adorable snowman is your favourite....he is super cute and so is our fabulous card x.

Loll said...

Adorable card Marcia! I can see why Blake is your favourite snowman stamp ... he's so cute!! Love the plaid background and the partial circle behind Blake. xx

Darnell said...

I love your take on the Kickstart header, Marcia! Excellent in every way and great idea to design it so Blake's scarf POPS!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Oh he is a cutie, Marcia, all wrapped up in his festive, shimmery scarf ... he sure does look joyful! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

He really makes me laugh! What a terrific card!