Friday, September 13, 2019

Christmas Kickstart #19 - Scandinavian Holiday

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at Christmas Kickstart and they are looking for SCANDINAVIAN HOLIDAY themed cards.


Jo has chosen sweet Michele as her ELF this time around, and I was totally inspired by Michele's cards HERE.  The kraft and the white together really got to me, and here's what I came up with:


I started by using a new SSS stencil (Holiday Foliage) and Crumb Cake ink to create my background and then adhered to a Crumb Cake card base.  I added a simple sentiment strip and embossed the Joyeux Noel  (PTI's Rustic Wreath) in white embossing powder.  Next I die cut a deer from Tim Holtz's Holiday Joy set and added a bit of sponging with white ink before pop dotting him to the sentiment strip.  Easy peasy card!  :0)


Of course I had to make a 2nd card and reverse the process by using white ink through the same stencil onto Crumb Cake cardstock...love, LOVE this look!!  Once dry (the white is a pigment ink) I adhered to a white card base and added a white sentiment strip that I stamped my sentiment (PTI's Rustic Wreath) on.  Next I added a die cut Poinsettia from SSS's Poinsettia Parade that I also sponged white ink on and then adhered with a bit of twine to the sentiment strip.


Here they are both together...do you have a favorite??  I like them both equally and was thrilled with the way they turned out!  Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration Michele!!

This challenge is open for another 10 days, so play along right HERE and get a head start on those Christmas cards...it will be here before you know it!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, what beautiful cards, Marcia! I can see that Michele's fabulous makes inspired these beauties, but you've gone off in your own, stunning direction and they look great. Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two kraft/white beauties, Marcia! Just love how you used that stencil too!!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia! Two cards? Of course, why not? Right? Both stunning, in this Crumb Cake, and just perfectly Scandinavian, too!
=]

nancy littrell said...

I love both your Scandinavian designed cards equally, Marcia. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Marcia! LOVE the kraft and white. Both look Scandianvian. Great work and what a fun challenge! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the kraft and white cards, Marcia! A fantastic idea to reverse the colors on the second card and that little poinsettia is darling!

Ros Crawford said...

They are both stunning!! Just love them both!

Lisa Elton said...

I have always like kraft and white together! These are pretty Marcia!

Anita in France said...

How could I choose a favourite when both cards are gorgeous, Marcia! Love the kraft on white and white on kraft equally, it's such a lovely fresh, festive look! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

They're both amazing cards Marcia! I think you've got two winners here. ;0)