Friday, September 20, 2019

Tag You're It Challenge #96

Hello friends.  Slipping another post in today to play along with the current Tag You're It Challenge where they've got a FUN theme going on this time with BUTTONS!


I used to save buttons like crazy, but now not so much!  (Too hard to mail them on my cards!)  But for a tag, how perfect...wish I'd kept a few around now!  Oh well, perfect time to make my own!!  I've had a Poppystamps die for ages called Butterfly Buttons that worked perfectly for this challenge, and this is what I came up with:


I started with a piece of cardstock that I'd used Lindy's Magicals (Cattail Copper Brown & Red Hot Poker Orange) on and then cut out the butterflies with the dies.  The shine on these buttons is SO pretty IRL!  Next I coated the buttons with Glossy Accents to give them a bit of depth like a real button.  Here's a closer up so you can see better...


My tag is actually a Christmas one from SugarPea Designs (Santa's Gift Tag) and I purposely inked mostly just the outside edges and left the center only partially inked so it isn't readable and gives a more vintage look.  I tied jute twine through the holes on my butterfly buttons and then attached to the center of the tag.  A piece of polka dotted ribbon and some more jute twine finished off my tag that I'm going to use as a bookmark.

There's still time to play along with this challenge and the DT has outdone themselves with their inspiration tags this time around!  You can check it all out right HERE to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your butterfly buttons are so sweet! This is darling Marcia!

Mac Mable said...

Love the partial stamping on the tag and what a stunning tag Marcia. Those butterfly buttons are beautiful x. (I am off to take a look at my old dies too that are 'buttons'...thank you for the inspiration x).

Loll said...

Totally adorable tag Marcia! Those butterfly buttons are so pretty ... prettier than any buttons you could have saved! Love the design on the kraft tag. Great idea to lightly ink the image to create this artsy, vintage-look background. xx

Bonnie said...

Love the vintage look and those gorgeous butterfly buttons, Marcia! Wow!

Birgit said...

Sweet, sweet butterfly buttons my friend! Your tag couldn't be any cuter or more perfect for this challenge.

Bobby said...

If it weren't for the stitching lines I would have thought they were real buttons, Marcia. I love the colors and the vintage look of the tag. Thanks for playing with us at Tag You're It!

Ros Crawford said...

I still have a ton of buttons and like you rarely use them... Beautiful tag and I love those butterflies!

Kelly Szafron said...

The butterfly buttons you made are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your lovely tag with us at Tag You're it!