Thursday, March 5, 2020

CAS Christmas March 2020 - Winter Flower

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's challenge over at CAS Christmas where my sweet friend Colleen is hosting, and she would like to see Winter Flowers on our Christmas cards.


I have oodles of Poinsettia stamps, but thought I would go in a different direction, and maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to call these Beautiful Berries: Winter a Winter Flower...


I hadn't used this lovely set from Papertrey Ink in quite awhile and inked up the greenery in Ocean Tides and Pine Feather inks and the berries in Autumn Rose and Scarlett Jewel inks.  The sentiment is part of the Beautiful Berries: Winter stamp set and I inked that up in the Pine Feather ink.


I used a Spellbinders Hemstitched die to add a little interest and frame around the berry branch, and then layered a piece of Pine Feather cs behind the hemstitched panel before adhering to a white card base, and then finished with a few clear sequins.  Quick and easy and very CAS!

You can check out what the DT has to show for inspiration and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is so lovely. That hemstitch die letting through just a bit extra green is a perfect way to highlight your berries.

Colleen said...

Beautiful flower, Marcia! I love this whole series of seasonal berries...they make such great CAS cards and your is just so lovely! thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Love that Stamp Marcia, such a pretty CAS card and the frame is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Darnell said...

This is the epitome of peaceful, Marcia! I love everything about this beautiful design!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia. I love the soft colours you've used for your greenery and berries. They are perfect together. And the hemstitch framing is so pretty! xx

I Card Everyone said...

SO very beautiful, Marcia! I love all of those lovely berries that keep our Bluebirds fed all Winter … a lovely Christmas gift to all of us!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. I love the colors and design. The hemstitch die is a lovely way to frame them. TFS

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Marcia ... a gorgeous berry branch in such lovely festive hues ... love the hemstitch framing ... so stylish! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done and perfectly CAS!

Birgit said...

Another beautiful CAS creation my friend! I love how the hemstitch die lets a little color show through but still adds to the CAS style. Your perfectly stamped berries are delightful!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!! LOVE the colours and so very elegant!

Julia Aston said...

a wonderful choice for winter flowers Marcia - so pretty with the shaded berries and lovely hemstitched edging on your frame! xx

Bobby said...

Maybe not actually a flower but it is a winter plant, Marcia, and is so pretty stamped in those colors. I have the Spring and Autumn berries. Maybe we can make a trade when we craft together next time. Unless you have those too. ;)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Marcia - what a beautiful spray and I love the green peeking through the hemstitch!!

Susan said...

I hadn't seen that stamp before - I love it. Beautifully coloured and framed.

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful berries on greenery Christmas Card, Marcia. TFS Hugs...