Thursday, March 26, 2020

Penny Black's Free Spirit

Hello friends.  Hope you are all hanging in there and not going too stir crazy!  I've been doing a lot of stamping, knitting, reading, and most of all praying!  The unknown is always scary, and I have to remind myself that I'm not in charge, and never have been!  It's all in my Saviors hands and I have to trust that He will get my family and I through this and to trust in Him implicitly!  Faith over fear!  Faith over fear!  Faith over fear!!!  OK, I think I've got it!!  :0)

A while back I had ordered some new Penny Black stamps and had used all of them except for one called Free Spirit.  It's funny that it was her wild hair that drew me in in the first place, and then it was that wild hair that kept me from inking her up right away because I was intimidated by it!  Once I started coloring her though (Copics), my inner FREE SPIRIT took over and I think her hair turned out just fine!  Take a look...


Isn't she a cutie with that wild mane of hair?!!  She actually reminds me of all 3 of our daughters who took dance classes while growing up and they all 3 had very fine hair that never did what you wanted it to do!  And now my granddaughter Addy who is also taking dance, has the same kind of wild hair!!  Haha...runs in the family!!  But anyway, this little fairy dancer was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and then clear embossed before I used my Copics to color her. 


I also used WOS on her wings, so in real life they really sparkle!  I added a crimped frame (The Greetery - Crimped Frame Die) using some very old DSP from LOTV called Promises.  I used foam tape behind the crimped frame to add some dimension.  The sentiment that comes with this stamp says "Create your own Sunshine" and I used it on the inside of the card as it was just too perfect not to use, but there wasn't any room on the outside of the card for it!  I think this will make a perfect encouragement card for someone during these trying times.

Hope you are all staying safe and practicing your social distancing...it's important to remember that this isn't just about us but everyone around us too.  Take care my friends and know I'm thinking of and praying for us all!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Viv said...

Love this card Marcia!
I suspect there'll be many who have hair like that by the time these lockdowns are lifted.... me included but sadly I am not as cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a sweet fairy with that mane of hair, Marcia! Thinking of you and we're praying right along with ya!!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card Marcia, love the accent frame as well.

Lisa Elton said...

Golly she's cute, I can just see her on stage!! Adorable card Marcia!!

Sharron said...

Goodness, she is SO adorable--definitely looks like a free spirit! Her hair looks like many of use feel, trying to keep sane in this upside down world! Sending prayers and hugs!!

Anita in France said...

She's a cutie, Marcia ... and the patterned paper frame is delicious! This is what I'd have looked like if I was a fairy in my tree-climbing days! Yep, He's in charge ... we can have faith ... and can keep praying! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks, Marcia! For the prayers, and the smiles - this little pixie is fabulous with her finger-in-a-socket hair!
=]

Bonnie said...

My granddaughter has wild hair like that too! I miss her tangles...Thanks for the prayers. I add mine to yours. As you say, "Faith over Fear"!

Jeanne H said...

Fun, fun card. Thanks!

JoAnn said...

This is so cute. Love the wild hair. TFS

Birgit said...

Oh my how sweet this is! Amanda's hair was super fine too when she was young. Almost impossible to keep in a Pebbles tail in the top of her head. So cute!!

Cindy H. said...

What an adorable image. Your card is gorgeous and I love your coloring!

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek!! This is beautiful! Gorgeous little girl and the frame around her is perfect! Sending hugs

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... your wild-haired girl is ADORABLE!! What a fun image, Marcai. Your colouring is perfect! And I love that flower frame. So cute with the image. Great work Marcia! I agree that we have to remember this is not about us, but about everyone around us. Take care my sweet friend! xx