Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Inspired By #117 - Yellow Makes Me Happy

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Inspired By challenge where it's all about YELLOW!





I love yellow and it always makes me think of Daffodils.  I have some little peeks of green leaves poking up through the ground in my front yard, so hopefully I'll have some bright yellow Daffodils to enjoy soon!


For my background I tried a new (to me) technique called Bubble Painting that I learned about from Karen, one of my teammates at CAS Watercolour.  I'm not sure mine really turned out the way it is supposed to look, but I still really like it!  I used Daffodil Delight re-inker for this technique and taped off all four of my edges before putting the cardstock into the colored bubbles.   Here's a closer up:


I stamped and masked the Daffodils from SSS's Friendship Blooms in black ink, and then added my sentiment on vellum so you could still see the stems and leaves underneath.  A very simple card, but I really like how it turned out!

Only a couple days left to play with this challenge, but I think we could all use some sunshine in our lives right now, so this is a good one to play along with!  You can check it all out right HERE to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love your happy yellow bubble background, my friend! So perfect for your daffodils! I hope you will be seeing signs of Spring soon.

Bobby said...

Okay now I'm going to have to try that technique. It not only sounds like fun but makes a great background for your daffodils, Marcia.

Lisa Elton said...

I like how it turned out too Marcia, what a cool background! This is a fabulous card!

I Card Everyone said...

Definitely makes me think of daffodils and SPRING! LOve your first try with bubbles - I love your line-drawn blooms that let that yellow be the star of the show, Marcia! Thanks so much for playing at IB, and encouraging others to play, too! xx
=]

Anita in France said...

What a deliciously bright and sunny background, Marcia (and it sounds like fun to do!) ... your line art daffodils are just lovely against it! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

I love the artsy look on this beautiful card. What a brilliant sunny background and CAS design. Lovely, lovely my friend.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I think it looks wonderful, sunny, bright and happy.
So glad you had a chance to try it out.
xx Karen

Danni Reid said...

Your card is so beautiful, love your technique results, very striking background! Thank you for sharing with us @ Inspired By this week!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty!! I love the background and Daffodils are one of my all time favourites... They make me happy! Stay well my friend

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card Marcia, I am a lover of yellow as well.

Chris said...

I love your card Marcia! That technique looks interesting! Thank you for sharing. :)

Loll said...

Fabulous yellow, bubble background Marcia. So pretty with the stamped daffodils. xx