Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Flower Challenge #42 - Anything Goes

Hello friends.  Playing with The Flower Challenge today where this month ANYTHING GOES.


I love ANYTHING GOES challenges when it involves flowers, as it's one of my favorite images to use on a card!  And one of my favorite flower images right now is The Greetery's Botanicuts: Lily...


I've been intrigued lately by some of the beautiful cards using Polychromos Pencils, but have hesitated because of the cost...well I finally broke down and ordered a set and used them on the Lily's.  It probably sounds goofy, but they remind me of Copics in the smooth way they color on your cardstock...very easy to work with!  Here's a closer up to see the Lily's better...


After coloring I used an air tool to add the splattered dots on the Lily's...love that look.  I also used the following stamp sets and dies from The Greetery on this card: Postal Frame Dies, Signed & Sealed, and Pretty Postmarks.  The little bird is from PTI's Brushed Birds.  Most of my inking was done with Tea Dye Distress Ink (TH) and Mango Melody (SU!).  A little bit of jute twine and a few champagne colored jewels finished off my card.

You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Bonnie said...

These lilies are gorgeous and so is the bird!

I Card Everyone said...

One of these days, I'll have a chance to sit down and color those you've shared with me, Marcia... until then? I sure do love how you've arranged them here today! and a PTI bird, to boot!! so very lovely!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is layered in loveliness Marcia! I like the way you've tucked the lilies into the envelope!

Marcia Hill said...

Thanks Bonnie! So glad to see you still commenting...it eases my mind that something terrible hasn't happened to you! My mind tends to go to the worst places these days, so I'm just so happy to see your name pop up in the comments!! Hugs my friend!! :0)

Bobby said...

I resisted buying those lilies, Marcia, but I have PolyChromos pencils and I love how you used yours to color them. The splatters add a realistic look to them too.

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love the colors and all the wonderful layers. I see you brought those lilies home with you and are making beautiful things with them. Love this so much! Oh, what is an air tool?

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with the lovely lilies and all the great layers. TFS

Cat Craig said...

I love the subtle natural look of your collage card Marcia. Every piece has a story to tell and every chapter goes to the whole story. Beautiful.

Anita in France said...

Gosh, such lovely lilies, Marcia ... and lovely collage-y layering ... gorgeous detailing! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharron said...

So gorgeous, Marcia! The lily is beautiful and you've done an amazing job of layering!

Patti said...

Hi Marcia : )

This is so BEAUTIFUL!! i just love the colors you used!!

BIG (((Hugs)))

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love lilies and postage, and birds... Okay you got it all in one card!

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx