Friday, March 20, 2020

Double D Challenge - Welcome Spring

Hello friends and Happy 1st Day of Spring!  Gray and cloudy skies here and COLD too, but it's bright and sunny here in my craft room and I'm more than ready to celebrate Spring!  Take a look at the lovely mood board the gals at The Double D Challenge have posted to inspire us to create SPRING...


I've been working on a lot of encouragement cards this week to use my gift that God gave me to bring some sunshine in what seems like pretty dark days lately.  I was totally inspired by the flowers and all the pink in the photos, so guess what color my card is??  Yep, it's pink!!


I started with a piece of Lovely Lady cardstock (PTI) and stamped Catherine Pooler's Cottage Garden background stamp with It's A Girl ink (CP also).  Next I stamped the flower image from Pinkfresh Studio's Just Because set and then water colored it with pinks, yellows, & greens.


After die cutting the image, I adhered it to my panel along with a few sprigs from The Greetery's Inside & Out Berry Branch die and a sentiment from The Greetery's Signed & Sealed stamp and die set.  A few clear sequins from PPP finished off my Spring looking card.

There's still lots of time to play, so check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT over at The Double D Challenge and then play along!  It's a perfect time to welcome Spring and send some "happy mail" and encouraging words to those around us who are struggling right now.  Stay safe and choose FAITH over fear my friends.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

That is my favorite pink cs. Love the background stamping and the blooms on top. I think we can all use a bit of encouragement right now. So unnerving. Stay safe.

Darlene said...

OMG this is just lovely Marcia! Beautiful design and LOVE all the pink! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Lisa Elton said...

This is sure to brighten someone's day Marcia, it's just lovely!

Bonnie said...

Such good advice my friend and a beautiful card to welcome Spring and lift our spirits!

Vicki said...

This is so lovely! Beautiful watercolor on the flowers and great die cuts. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Spring" Challenge.

Anita in France said...

So, so pretty in pink, Marcia ... a lovely background and fabulous soft blooms ... a breath of fresh spring! Hugs, Anita :)

Diane said...

Beautifully created card and design, of course I love all the pink too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Barbara said...

I love your inspiration from our mood board, and that you are making encouragement cards this week. We need that. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Barbara DT member

Sharron said...

A wonderful breath of Spring in the perfect colors! Love the soft pink and yellow and your wonderful watercoloring!

Bobby said...

I have a bunch of that Lovely Lady cardstock, Marcia, and never thought I liked it until now. Adding the background stamp really changed the look and then placing your beautiful Spring flowers on top tied the whole card together beautifully.

I Card Everyone said...

Just the perfect time to pull out the pink, Marcia! Gorgeous, from stem to every last petal!
=]

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow!! I love it Marcia... This just makes me happy!

Vicki said...

Lovely card, Marcia! The stamped background is great along with the beautiful water color on the flowers. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Spring" Challenge.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your watercoloring on the pretty flowers. The background looks great.