Friday, March 6, 2020

The Stencil Challenge March 2020 - Anything Goes

Hello friends.  Playing with a new to me challenge over at The Stencil Challenge, where this month it's ANYTHING GOES!


This all started for me after seeing Nancy's BEAUTIFUL stenciled card HERE, and of course I had to go to the store to get the stencil Nancy used, and you know what happens next, right??!!  Yep, found all kinds of beautiful stencils and they flew right into my shopping cart!  Thanks Nancy!!  (I was SO impressed with the speed in which my order was shipped too...thank you, thank you!!)  So anyway, my card today uses the BLOOMDALASCOPIC1 stencil and here's what I came up with:


This card actually started out as just a trial run to see what it would look like, and I loved it so much that it went right into a card!  I used Pixie Spray to lightly tack the back of the stencil and then used my blender brushes and some Gina K inks over the off center stencil (I really need to make a square card next time so I can use the whole stencil).  I trimmed my stenciled layer to 5 1/4" x 4" and then attached to a white card base.


My sentiment was stamped using Altenew's Best Sentiments and attached with foam tape for a bit of dimension.  I thought about adding some bling at this point, but really just loved the CAS look with all the beautifully blended colors...the stencil truly did all the work on this card!

The DT has some absolutely GORGEOUS cards as inspiration for you, so check it out and play along with this challenge right HERE.  And maybe go shopping too...SOOOOOO many beautiful stencils at STAMPLORATIONS!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully inked and finished Marcia. I can see why you went shopping!

Viv said...

Lovely card Marcia - love that stencil!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Marcia ... the soft blending of colour is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Love the colors you've used, Marcia, on this bloomdilicious stencil!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, i like this! What a lovely card Marcia, wonderful colors too!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! I love the soft, perfectly blended colors and that wonderful stencil. It is perfect just the way it is. No bling needed.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! This is so striking and the colours are a perfect combination...Sometimes the trial run is the best as you have proved!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just gorgeous Marcia - and VERY inspiring! Loving all the colours and the way you used just a part of the stencil. Hmm, I could definitely do with a few more stencils in my stash...! Vicky x

Julia Aston said...

what lovely colors you used on this gorgeous stencil Marcia!

Ina G said...

Wow Marcia! I have that stencil and I looooooove what you have done with it here just using part of it. Beautiful colour blending. Thanks so much for sharing with us at STAMPlorations Stencil challenge.

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous soft color blending thru your beautiful new stencil. I just added the stencil to my wishlist. We sure have fun enabling each other, my friend. TFS your beauty. I can't wait to see more of your beautiful new stencil cards:-) So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. You might want to add your card to our STAMPlorations Never Ending Challenge too. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Gorgeous stenciled card Marcia! LOVE the soft colours and the beautiful flower design. Great work! xx

Shery Russ said...

so love your ink blending -- gave the the card a dreamy spring feel. thank you for the kind words about STAMPlorations...it was a pleasure to be of service to you and get your order mailed out quickly :o)

MariLynn said...

Love the beautiful colors on your card. Great job. Thanks for sharing with the STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

sannalippert said...

beautiful card! thank you for playing along with us at STAMPlorations challenges!!!

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Marcia on your STAMPlorations win:-) I now have this stencil and the Bloomdalascopic 5 stencil:-) I will be playing with them in the near future:-) Thanks for the shout out too, my friend. Stay safe and creative. Hugs..Nancy