Monday, March 2, 2020

CAS Watercolour March 2020 - Luck Of The Irish

Hello friends.  Time for a new challenge at CAS Watercolour, and this month Julia is our hostess and she would like to see some LUCK OF THE IRISH on our cards!


This was a bit of a challenge for me because even though I have a wee bit o Irish in me, I don't own a single Shamrock, Leprechaun, or even a pot of gold stamp!  I do have several gnome stamps though, and even improvised a bit with some shamrocks, and came up with this card...


After stamping this image (SugarPea Designs - Gnome For Christmas) on heavy weight cardstock and then clear embossing, I water colored him using my Zigs and then popped him on a scrap of DSP I found in my pile.  I framed him out using MFT's Peek-A-Boo rectangle die and then went to work on the shamrocks using 4 tiny hearts (die cut from Impression Obsession DIE052-I) glued to a thin strip for a stem.  I thought about water coloring them with my green Zigs, but in the end decided to leave them white...artistic license and all that!!


Pretty simple card but I kinda like how it turned out!  I left the sentiment off as I'm not sure if I'll actually use this for a St. Patrick's Day card or something else.  Make sure you check out what Julia and the rest of the DT came up with for inspiration for you (and our special GD's too), and then play along with us!  You can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th and remember to keep it CAS and to also have FUN!!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Your Irish gnome is just adorable Marcia - I love his grey beard and your heart shamrocks a cool idea.... fabulous card, hugs Robyn

Lisa Elton said...

Nailed it! I think he makes a cute leprechaun and your wee shamrocks are darling. Lets just call them snow covered, which could be true in lots of places!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my what a cute little gnomey Marcia and how very clever to use tiny hearts for the shamrocks - I was wondering where they came from - SO adorable in his hand!! xx

Cat Craig said...

Darling and cute little gnome. Love those sprigs hes holding too. Fabulous cas card.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm going out on a limb to say these look like shamrock marshmallows!!! Why not? They'd be great with a little cup o Irish Mint hot cocoa! Just so cute, Marcia!!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

clever using the gnome, he could be Irish. Great card Marcia :)

Anita in France said...

Looks like a leprachaun to me, Marcia ... brilliant improvisation ... your colouring is fantastic ... love how full and rich his beard is! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

You improvised beautifully, Marcia. I may have to use the same gnome unless I can find something else in my stash that looks Irish.

Trina P. said...

Brilliant stretching of your supplies to create this adorable “leprechaun” card. Love it!

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a great card mf...love those little shamrocks he's holding too...well done
xx Karen

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a great idea to use a gnome! So adorable and great design:)

Mac Mable said...

Gloriously CAS and what an adorable little gnome and his cute shamrocks x

Birgit said...

This is so clever and cute as can be! It's amazing what we can do using supplies we have to create a card for a holiday that's little celebrated, isn't it? Your little gnome is darling and his shamrocks are genius!!

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant!! I love how you improvised and came up with such a fabulous card! Your water colouring is amazing!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, you designed a great card. The gnome is adorable and how patient you are to create those tiny shamrocks! Great inspiration to use something you have to create this.