Sunday, March 15, 2020

CAS Watercolour March 2020 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a little reminder that there's still time to play along with our Luck of the Irish challenge over at CAS Watercolour.


I don't know how Irish this card is, but I had fun playing around with a few different Brusho and Lindy's Magicals powders that I had added water to, and then painted several different backgrounds till I came up with one I liked.  I also did some splattering on the one I chose, and the splattering had some Lindy's Magicals in it, so there's some really pretty sparkle on it, which of course I couldn't seem to capture with my camera!  But IRL it really makes this card not quite so plain!!


I kept this card very CAS using only a white frame (PTI's Pierced Feature Frames) and a simple die cut from Poppystamps (Hampstead Bloom) that I thought I might be able to loosely term as a 4 leaf clover!  


I added a simple white embossed strip on black for my sentiment (The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You) to finish off my card.

This challenge is still open till the 24th, so check out all the inspiration and play along with us right HERE...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A lovely water splattered green background for your lovely white stem Marcia! That flower could very well be a clover! So pretty with the white framing and bold black sentiment strip! xx

I Card Everyone said...

You may think this is 'plain' but I think it's pretty as a picture - Lucky you to have these fabulous green Lindy's!
=]

Bobby said...

The water drops and splattering add a lot of texture to that lovely green, Marcia. Your card is CAS and elegant.

Cat Craig said...

This is one gorgeous cas card.Love.Much.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your green panel surrounded by all of that lovely white! What a fabulous card Marcia!

Ros Crawford said...

Simply beautiful!

Birgit said...

Pretty, pretty my friend! Love the watercolored background and your CAS design.

Bonnie said...

Love the soft green of this background and the die cut flower does make me think of a four leaf clover! Hope it brings you good luck, my friend!

Loll said...

So pretty Marcia! Love the shades of green background with splatters. Really shows off against all the white framing. Love the pieced detail and the beautiful die-cut flowre. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful CAS design and I love the green background!

Anita in France said...

Fresh, crisp and deliciously CAS, Marcia ... all those greens in the background are so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marcia, I love that you used green!

Mac Mable said...

The Brusho's and Lindys look so pretty and loving the splats too. Such a beautiful and delicate card x

Linda said...

Marcia, your background is so pretty to highlight you pretty floral frame. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely card Marcia, that background in greens and splatters is perfect for the lovely die cut 'clover' and I'm liking the double stitched frame... hugs Robyn

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card...love the shade of green
xx Karen