Sunday, March 1, 2020

MFT Sketch Challenge #478

Hello friends.  Had some time to play with the latest Sketch Challenge over at My Favorite Things...


I've been loving these sketch challenges for a couple reasons lately.  One, they help me get out of my rut in making the same layout/design every time, and two, they give me a reason to start using all these wonderful MFT stamps that I HAVE to have!  Here's what I came up with using the Pure Innocence Bookworm stamp and die...


Isn't she a cutie sitting on her pile of books?!  Reminds me of myself when I was young and used to come home from the library with a pile of books each time...yep, I was a bookworm and still am!!  I colored her up with my Copics except for her shirt which was paper pieced from the 6 x 6 Candy Land paper pack.  The striped paper is also from the Candy Land pack.


I did a partial die cut and only used the die to cut the books so that the rest of the little girl remained on the rectangle piece, where I also added the sentiment and a few enamel dots.  I used fun foam on the back of the rectangle piece to give some dimension and also pop dotted the little bookworm.

You can find all the details to play along with this challenge right HERE...there's a $50 gift certificate up for grabs each week too! :0)


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch and a wonderful little scene. Love the partial die cutting, the adorable image, the paper piecing and that super cute little worm x.

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat Craig said...

Love your take on the sketch with the partial die cutting. Sweet scene and lovely coloring.

Cindy H. said...

This is such a sweet card! I love book themes as I am also a bookworm :) What a cute image to make a bookmark, too.

Lisa Elton said...

She's adorable Marcia and you know I'm loving her polka dot shirt! Sweet P loves her books too and I could see her climbing up on a big pile of them like this!

Anita in France said...

Adorable, Marcia ... sweet polka dot shirt and fabulous colouring! Puts me in mind of me ... another little bookworm here too! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Could be me, too, Marcia! I'll take you by my favorite library one day - you won't believe where they've tucked the children's section!
Your little bookworm could be cuter - maybe it's that darling polka-dotty blouse? LOve it!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your card with that sweet PI image. Love her paper-pieced shirt and your coloring looks great. TFS

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Marcia, and I love the sentiment that goes with it. I think I was much too antsy to sit and read a book when I was younger and now they just put me to sleep.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is ADORABLE! LOVE every detail, Marcia! xx

Birgit said...

Can you tell I'm playing "catch-up" here? I've missed so many of your amazing creations, I just had to keep scrolling back. This is darling Marcia and I love your take on the sketch. Too, too cute!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful! I love your colouring... the shading on the books is perfect and even her little paper pieced shirt is perfection!