Monday, November 6, 2023

Double D Challenge - Oh Deer

Hello friends.  Still making Christmas cards over here even though I think I have enough...but you just never know who might surprise you with one, so it's good to have a few extra on hand.  Plus I just really, really like making Christmas cards!!  So playing along with the gals over at the Double D Challenge where they are looking for DEER on our cards.


Not much stamping on this card, but it worked out so well with just die cuts and a really OLD Carta Bella 6 x 6 paper pad that other than the sentiment, it really didn't need anything else.  Take a look...


I loved the deep earth tones in the dsp, and it worked perfectly with the deer and tree from PTI's Winter Wonder stamp and die set.  I used one of the coordinating dsp's from the pad for the tree and border layer, and the deer was die cut from kraft and used Walnut Stain Distress Ink to blend around the edges to make him stand out a bit more.  My snow hill layers (PTI's In The Meadow Die Collection) were cut from some cream colored speckled cs that I've had for ages from a store that used to sell this cs by the pound.  I've only a few sheets left and use it very sparingly as the store has been out of business for years now.


Although it doesn't show up too well in my photo, the sentiment (from the Winter Wonder set) was embossed in gold, and I finished with a bit of glitter on the snow hill edges and the tree, and foam tape behind the deer to give him a bit of dimension.  Pretty easy card with the dsp doing all the work, but I still really like the way it came out and really do need to start using more of my dsp instead of hoarding it!  I know, I know,...I'm the only one who does that, right?  Right??!!

You can play along with this challenge right HERE and the DT has oodles of inspiration to get you started.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Nov. 12th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, that paper is darling and the perfect jumping-off point for your dear deer card!
Someone will be very happy to receive this cutie!
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you gave up this piece of paper from your hoard, Marcia! It's so perfect for this prancing deer! Love that speckled paper too!

Bobby said...

I love the whimsical nature of the tree and deer, Marcia. They worked beautifully with that patterned paper. I'm trying to use more of mine, too.

Cat Craig said...

All of your elements are perfect for your festive card and the challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I love that deer! Sometimes it's the simplest things that grab me. With these large and simple dies and the perfect patterned paper you have made a wonderful woodsy Christmas card!

TK said...

Your dsp made for a delightful card, topped off by the even more delightful deer. Great card for your stash, Marcia

Loll said...

Fabulous card Marcia. I love the folk-art look of the patterned paper background and the shapes of your tree and reindeer die. Great card! xx

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia! I love the rich, earthy colors of the patterned paper you used. That deer die cut is darling.

Birgit said...

Back again for a second peek at this lovely card! So glad you're playing along in the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!