Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Double D Challenge - Stripes and/or Dots

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where they are looking for DOTS and/or STRIPES.  


I know I had mentioned a week or so ago that I had finished making all my Christmas cards for this year, but I just ended up selling a bunch...I mean how do you say no to family?!!  So anyway, I have another Christmas card to share using both stripes & dots.  Take a look...


Isn't he a cutie?!  I've had this Penny Black image (beaming) for a couple years and this is the first time I've inked him up!  I stamped him in black and then clear heat embossed so I could color him up with my Copics.


After fussy cutting him out, I attached him with foam tape to a panel that I die cut a window opening using MFT's Peek-A-Boo rectangle die, and added a piece of polka dotted dsp from PTI.  My sentiment is also PTI.  I added a little WOS to all the lights and then put a drop of glossy accents over the top of that to make my lights sparkle & shine.  Easy peasy and I used both stripes (his hat and shirt) and dots (background panel).

Lots of awesome inspiration from the DT and you can find it all right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Dec. 3rd @ 8:00PM.

I'm also entering this over at Darnell's NBUS Challenge as this is the first time I've used this sweet little elf.


 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Beaming is the most appropriate name of all for this darling guy - look at those ears! LOve all the shiny green lights and the little yellow star on his overalls!
Congrats on selling your cards - you'll get more done in a jiffy!
=]

Bonnie said...

Using the dots in a window sure make this happy fellow beam. Your coloring is always awe inspiring.

Darnell said...

They should be called imps instead of elves! This little imp is so happy to be used, Marcia, and you have really made him merry with your coloring, schparkle, and glossification! I also love how you used that fun window die to frame the polkie-dot background ... perfect for him! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

He is super cute, what a fun image! Love that little polka dotted window you created. So festive! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Stripes and/or Dots Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

TK said...

Super cute! Love your elf, stripes, dots and all that fun

Bobby said...

That little guy is just the cutest thing, Marcia. I love his impish smile and your wonderful coloring.

Birgit said...

This is absolutely darling Marcia! That little elf is just as cute as a button, with his pointy ears, all tangled up in cuteness. So glad you put this stamp to work for you. Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, this little guy just makes me so stinkin' happy. And I love the polka dot background, it really makes the focal pop. Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Bonnie said...

This little guy is ADORABLE, Marcia! He's perfect for the stripes challenge and looks so festive against the drops! I hope we'll be seeing him often now that he's broken loose from the packaging! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I'm glad we get to see more of your fabulous Christmas cards! Yes, he's adorable and I love the polka dot papered window. Your card is just so perfectly crisp and colorful and fun! It's always a treat to see what you're up to. Cards like this make me smile and you can never have too many smiles!