Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #86 - Black, White & Yellow

Hello friends.  I am beyond excited to share with you that I am the newest DT member of The Flower Challenge, and feel like I have won the challenge lottery as flowers are my favorite cards to make (with Christmas being a close 2nd!)!!  For those of you who have followed me for any length of time, you also know I love color challenges, so how perfect that my first challenge as a DT member is a color challenge...Black, White & Yellow.
 

Lately I've been having fun with Spellbinder's Betterpress Letterpress system, and my card today uses the letterpress plate that comes with the system...


If you're not familiar with the letterpress technique, it leaves a very deeply etched impression into your cardstock (a special cotton cardstock works best) that is so cool looking...I may have uttered a few squeals after my first try because it was so cool!  I ran the plate through twice and then colored the flowers with Y15, Y18 & Y17 Copics, and the leaves just very lightly using a C1 Copic.  


My sentiment is from Penny Black's special sentiments set and I finished off this CAS card with a few Clear Drops: Iridescent from PFS.

Make sure you check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the rest of the DT right HERE, and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till the 25th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I DO know that you love flowers! What a gorgeous premier, my friend! I love the bright yellow you've added to this gorgeous Betterpress image, Marcia!
I'm as pleased as can be to welcome you to The Flower Challenge team!!
=]

Nancy Penir said...

Welcome, Teammie! What a coo having the talented Marcia Hill on the Flower Challenge team! Your black, white and yellow card is a stunner... expected nothing less! Hugs!

Linda said...

Congratulations Marcia on being on the Flower Challenge team. It is certainly well deserved. Beautiful card for your first card as a member of the team.

HilaryJane said...

Congratulations on joining the Flower Challenge DT. What an honour. Your first card is beautiful. Great colouring of that letterpress image xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Marcia! And your card is beautiful too!!

TK said...

Beautiful, Marcia! You aced the color challenge and any beauty contest along the way

Bonnie said...

Woot! Congratulations, my friend! I know you are a great addition to this fantastic team and your card certainly proves it! I LOVE the soft coloring of these beautiful pressed flowers! I'm tryin really hard not to cave for this new system. You're making it harder!

Bobby said...

So glad to have you on board, Marcia. I know what wonderful flower cards you make and can't wait to see what you design every month. This one is fantastic with the simple coloring on the pressed image.

Lisa Elton said...

Your sunny yellow flowers make the perfect debut card, Marcia! This is beautiful, my friend and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations, Marcia. Your better press floral is fabulous. I love yellow so this one is right in my happy place.

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, you're a perfect addition to the team! You do flowers so well and I especially love how these Betterpress flowers look with minimal coloring. It shows the lines so nicely. Really a gorgeous card. Congratulations!

Julie B said...

Congrats on your new gig Marcia, the Flower Challenge is perfect DT for you as this fab card shows! :)

Loll said...

Congrats on being a Designer at The Flower Challenge. They are so lucky to have you on the team, Marcia!! I'm so happy for you. Amazing first card for the new challenge. Your white, black and yellow card is gorgeous, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

Your position on the team is well deserved and you will serve them well, with your gorgeous creations. Congratulations! This card is a beautiful start to your fun, creative journey with the Flower gals!

Cindy Beach said...

I am thrilled to now be on TWO teams with you, Marcia! You're a wonderful addition to the team. Your debut card is fabulous! Such a lovely look with the letterpress and the gorgeous floral.