Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Poppystamps - WOODLAND WONDER

Hello friends.  My sweet friend Lisa Elton who is a DT Member for the poppystamps blog, asked me to be a Guest Designer for their November Challenge called WOODLAND WONDER...and of course I said YES!!

The WOODLAND WONDER title had me all excited as I've just recently discovered all their Whittle dies and am head over heels in LOVE with them all!!  I made a shaker card with the Whittle Birds, Whittle Squirrel & Whittle Oak Leaf dies and the Garden Lantern die and came up with this...


Isn't that lantern and all the critters just the sweetest?!  When I had ordered the dies, Poppystamps sent me a gift of card bases and envelopes made with beautiful shimmery paper.  I die cut the lantern from one of the envelopes that was made with a lovely bronzed shimmery metallic paper and I think it turned out so pretty!  (Those envelopes may never get used as envelopes as the paper is just too pretty!) One of the card bases they sent was a shimmery dark red/burgundy color and it worked perfectly for one of the whittle leaves and that sweet whittle squirrel too!  


The other 2 leaves and the whittle birds were die cut from some scraps I had water colored on ages ago (it pays sometimes to keep all those "whittle" scraps!!).  I used a little strip of dsp behind the lantern to ground the image, and then constructed the shaker element with gold sequins inside it.  My sentiment (Simple Thank You die from Poppystamps) is from one of the envelopes too, as was the layering panel behind the image panel.  I wish my photography skills captured all the shimmer from the envelope and card base paper Poppystamps sent that I used on this card...it really takes it next level!

Make sure you check out what Lisa made for this challenge right HERE and then play along this month!  Thank you, THANK YOU Lisa for inviting me to play along with you this month...soooooo FUN!!  Stamping friends truly are the BEST!! 


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

There is so much to love about this card! You were so righ about the lantern - it is gorgeous cut from that metallic paper, Marcia - all made even better with your darling 'whittle' critters and gorgeous leaves!
Congratulations - you are the very best guest of all!
=]

Cat Craig said...

What a fab collection of die cuts put together seamlessly in to a beauty of a card.

Lisa Elton said...

I love all of the sweet whittle dies you added to your shimmery lantern! And what a terrific idea to turn the lantern into a little shaker element. The placement of the squirrel is too cute! This is a marvelous woodland wonder card, Marcia and it looks pretty sitting on my desk! I'm so happy to have you as my guest at Poppystamp! Glad to know you had fun too XO

Leslie Miller said...

Great job as guest designer, Marcia! I love all the Whittle stuff, too, but don't have a large collection. Something coming up for Christmas soon if I can get a move on. Kind of scary how close we are and how few cards I have. I love this with the lantern and leaves and, of course, those darling critters.

Bonnie said...

Oh, so cute, Marcia! I've always loved my Whittle Birds and they have so many friends now! A fun arrangement of busy critters!

TK said...

Amazing card, and I'll bet the shimmer is out of this world! I too am smitten by the "whittles" and your card may have sent me over the edge (blush)

Birgit said...

What a stunning card you've made for your guest spot. All the shimmery elements add such a nice touch of elegance to the lantern. The colors and design on this card are perfect!

Loll said...

Adorable shaker card, Marcia. LOVE that lantern and all the whittle critters. Congrats on being GD at Poppystamps! xx