Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Color Hues #75 - Light Blue & Purple

Hello friends.  WOW!!  Can you believe it's November already?!  This year has flown by for me and I'm getting excited to start decorating for Christmas!  Still want to enjoy my turkey and pilgrim decorations for a bit longer though, so will table those urges for holiday decorating!  For the next 2 weeks our hostess is Julie B, and she has chosen Light Blue & Purple for us to play with here at The Color Hues Challenge.

I may not be decorating for Christmas yet, but I am still finishing up those last minute Christmas cards, and thought this non-traditional color combo would be perfect for a snowflake card!  I participated in this year's Holiday Create & Connect event from PFS, and one of the stamp, stencil & die sets we received was the Folk Snowflake set which worked perfectly for my card today.  Take a look...


I started with an embossed background using SSS's Filigree Snowflakes embossing folder.  Next I embossed the Folk Snowflake image in silver and then used the coordinating stencils in shades of blue and purple.  After die cutting the snowflake, I cut it in half and then did the same thing with another white embossed snowflake (on vellum).  I offset the two layers a bit and then added them to my embossed card base on the top left and bottom right hand sides.  


  I embossed my sentiment in black on a vellum strip (PB's feeling of christmas) and wrapped it around the middle of my card, and then finished with a few purple and clear gems from PFS.  

Make sure you check out all the wonderful inspiration from our DT and Special GD (Linda Snodgrass) right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till November 14th @ 9:00AM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love how you've doubled-up the fun here, Marcia! and I must say, as much as I dislike snow your flakes are the prettiest I've seen since yesterday!
LOve that sentiment, too!
=]

Karen said...

I first saw this snowflake on Michele's blog, and I can't wait until Pinkfresh releases it. Stunning! It looks beautiful in blue and purple and the snowflake embossing folder adds wonderful dimension. One gorgeous card!

Julie B said...

Love the EF you've used Marcia, the perfect background to your pretty snowflakes. The sentiment is such a fab one too. I will be holding off on Christmas decorations until at least the first weekend in December! :)

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous, those colors work well for wintry bliss.

Lisa Elton said...

What a marvelous sentiment this is! I like your fancy snowflakes too. The colored ones and the ones dancing in the background. Pretty card, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is awesome, Marcia! I LOVE these colors and your snowflakes are the perfect way to use them! Just beautiful, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, gorgeous! The details make the biggest difference. Love the shades of blue, the vellum, the embossed background. Wow!

TK said...

Goodness! This is so pretty, the embossed background, the silver embossing and the very pretty non-traditional colors -- beautiful!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous!!! It looks like that embossing folder was made for that snowflake set. Gorgeous, my friend!

Bobby said...

The variety of blues and purples pull out all the little details in that wonderful snowflake, Marcia, and I love the vellum shadow. Beautiful card, my friend.

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, this is a stunning card! I was truly dazzled from the first time I saw it. The embossed background is the perfect setting for those gorgeous snowflakes on each side of the card and I love the vellum wrap around sentiment. Gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

This card is really pretty, Marcia! Love the vellum greeting and I can see the shine of the Folks Snowflakes too! The EF was a perfect match! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Marcia, beautiful card. Perfect colors for snowflakes. Thanks for having me as GD on Color Hues.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia the level of detail you added to this stunning card is amazing! You put together the most fabulous products, what a beaut--as always!

JulieP said...

What a wonderful sentiment!! Love the white embossed background on this beautiful card.

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Marcia. I LOVE those amazing snowflakes, especially done with blue and purple. They are so pretty over top of the embossed white snowflake border. Amazing card, my friend! xx

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia, you had me at the gorgeous embossing folder! The snowflakes are exquisite, especially in these colors. A real WOW!, my friend!