Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Flower Challenge #86 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge where this month is a color challenge...using black, white & yellow.


I pulled out my RC Flower Builder Dies to come up with this bold card...


I started with a Waffle Flower coverplate die called Woven Pattern, die cut in black and attached to a white card base.  My flowers were die cut from white cs and then ink blended with Squeezed Lemonade & Mustard Seed DOX inks.


I also added a bit of rock candy glitter (TH) to the top edges of the flowers for a bit of sparkle and then attached them to my background panel along with the stems and leaves that I chose to leave white.  My sentiment is a pre-printed strip from Gina K.


 A pretty bold and graphic card, but I'm really happy with the way this one turned out!  Hope it gives you some inspiration to play along with us using these colors, and there's also a LOT more inspiration from my talented teammates right HERE!  We hope to see YOU in the gallery soon!  This challenge closes on the 25th @ 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So beautiful - especially in real life, thank you very much!
=]

Cat Craig said...

wow that coverplate in black is fantastic.

Leslie Miller said...

What a great cover plate and flower dies! I've come to be very fond of black backgrounds with colorful focal points. You're amazing with color challenges (on top of everything else).

Lisa Elton said...

I like the interest and texture the background adds to the flowers! Terrific card, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Such pretty yellow flowers, Marcia! And they look great on the black die cut background!

Bobby said...

What a dramatic background to show off your whimsical flowers, Marcia. Terrific!

TK said...

Beautiful indeed! Love the bold background plus leaving the leaves white really put more attention on the gorgeous flowers

Loll said...

Your yellow flowers are so striking against the black and white background, Marcia. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the background die and those darling flowers!! Waffle Flower is just killing me with their designs lately. I have a wish list that grows like a mushroom overnight.