Thursday, November 16, 2023

Color Hues #76 - Red & Metallic Gold

Hello friends.  Time for a new challenge here at The Color Hues Challenge and our hostess Jules would love to see Red & Metallic Gold on our cards.


My first thought was Christmas with these 2 colors, but I was in need of birthday cards right now, so here's my take on the red & gold theme...


This was my starting point with a piece of Real Red cs that I embossed with Altenew's Flowers & Leaves 3D EF.  Next I inked up my brayer with Cherry Cobbler ink and lightly brayered over the raised portion of my panel to give a bit more definition to the flowers and leaves.  I also sprayed the panel at this point with Sheer Shimmer Glimmer Mist that gives the whole card front such a pretty shimmer.


 
I did some partial die cutting with a strip of black cs and used Honey Bee's Bitty Buzzwords dies for the "birthday" using the shadow die on the black strip and then the word die on gold metallic cs.  I used a coordinating word stamp for the "greetings" and embossed it in metallic gold.  


  I used foam tape on the back of the black strip for some dimension and then finished with a few gold metallic pearls from PFS.  Pretty simple card really, but I love how elegantly it turned out!

You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the DT and our Special GD Claire right HERE and then play along with us!  We'd love to see what YOU come up with using this color combination!  This challenge is open till November 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


20 comments:

cm said...

Marcia, talk about a dramatic, eye-catching, elegant birthday card! Love the rich red shimmery embossed background and the gold + black sentiment strip. Classy!
~carol

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous combination of elements to make this lovely gold and red card. Love the mirror card it adds just another touch of festive.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, pretty! I love how you defined the embossing with red on red, and your sparkle is perfect. Just a touch of gold with the sentiment and WOW! What a gorgeous birthday card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what a gorgeous card and I can only imagine that it is spectacular in person. Lovely as always!

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous birthday card and I am so happy you went in a different direction like me. Keeps things interesting and appealing for all over on the blog. Have a great rest of your week.

Bobby said...

Adding ink to the embossing really brings out the flowers, Marcia. I love the way you did the sentiment strip.

I Card Everyone said...

I love making December birthday cards - yours is just gorgeous, Marcia! Such gorgeous dimension - and I love the shimmer you've added!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of the shimmer you added to that wonderful embossed panel! The black sentiment strip adds a nice touch of drama and just adds to the elegance!

TK said...

Bold and dramatic -- what a way to get someone's attention with this card! Beautiful, Marcia

Stef Perry said...

Brayering over the embossed panel really made the layers pop and what a great photo to capture some of the shimmer - don't you love that spray? It's a mainstay in my craft room. Love the partial die cutting for the sentiment shadow too - the black is striking with the gold die cut sentiment! Totally, totally gorgeous, Marcia!

Julie B said...

Just goes to show, red and gold is not just for Christmas!. A lovely, warm and shimmery card Marcia. :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wow! This is quite the stunner, Marcia! The addition of the Cherry Cobbler and the gold mist are so simple but very effective. Beautiful creation and great use of the colors!

Loll said...

Striking card with the bold red with gold and black accents. Gorgeous Marcia! xx

Bonnie said...

LOVE all this red with the shimmery gold and wonderful partial cut for the sentiment! Very elegant, my friend!

Karen said...

What a dramatic, and gorgeous card, Marcia. It's been ages since I pulled out my brayer but this convinces me I need to find it and put it on my desk! This is just stunning!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous! I love how you did the partial die cutting for the sentiment. That's the second time recently that I've seen it done. I really must give that another try. Such a dramatic card this is!!

Cindy Beach said...

Such a stunning card, Marcia and our colors look perfect for a birthday card. Your details add so much texture and dimension. The EF is amazing, and I love the depth that the brayering added. Hugs and a big WOW from me!

Claire said...

I really do need to stretch my EB's and emboss something other than white card stock! This looks fabulous Marcia, especially with the gold and black sentiment!

!neke said...

Love this card !!!! Great background !!!
groeten Ineke

JulieP said...

I was so happy to see that not everyone went straight for Christmas. This is gorgeous...especially with the inking.