Monday, November 13, 2023

Peace On Earth #51

Hello friends.  I've finished my Christmas cards for THIS year, but am still making them to get a head start on next year.  And before you think I'm just showing off here, you should know that the hardest part for me isn't making the cards...that's the easy part!  The hard part is taking the time to write in each card and address them and actually get them in the mailbox on time!  But anyway, playing along with the gals over at the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where they have another fabulous mood board for inspiration.


See if you can guess what I was inspired by...


Yep, the stockings and the Poinsettia.  I am still loving this Waffle Flower Postage Collage Die that my sweet friend Michele has let me cut multiples of, and that was my starting point for this card.  I used post it notes to mask off each square and lightly blended red ink onto them.  The stockings were made using WF's Little Stocking Die (a freebie with one of my orders) and the Poinsettia's were made using WF's Layered Poinsettia Die and polka dotted dsp from PTI.


The tree and sentiments all come from WF's Triangle Tree stamp and stencil set, and although hard to tell in the photo, the star on top of the tree is gold embossed.  I finished with a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K), some GA's on the Poinsettia centers, and then attached to a red card base.  Pretty simple card but I'm loving how bright and festive it is!

Lots of awesome inspiration from the DT if you need to still get going on your cards, and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Nov. 16th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Birgit said...

This is super cute Marcia! I love the way you played with polka dots on this card. The Christmas colors and dotty papers make for some fun designs in each of those segments. I wish we could design our own stamps to use on our mail. I would buy these in a heartbeat!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm happy to report that the 'mail' arrived after a little conversation with customer support at FollowIt!
I was even happier to see this fabulous card LIVE and IN PERSON on Saturday with a topping of hugs!
So darling, Marcia!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I love all those little polka dots on the stockings and poinsettias! It all fits so perfectly into the postage collage die and makes a very fun Christmas card. It sounds so nice to have all your Christmas cards done. They represent a whole lot of fun in the making and I look forward to seeing more!

Bonnie said...

Ooh! I love those polka dots and all the sweet little designs that make these "stamps" so special!

Lisa Elton said...

Well, you know you had me at all of those pretty little polka dots, right? This is one darling card, Marcia!

TK said...

Perfect! Love the sweet polkas but I think you were inspired by ALL the things -- I see a tree in there too! Great card on your postage stamp die!

Lia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I like the die and the bright colours of the 'stamps'.
Lia DT POE

Cat Craig said...

So darned cute, Marcia. I have been admiring Michele's postage stamp cards for a bit now. YOurs is added to that list. Love it.

Loll said...

Adorable card Marcia!! Polkadots - yay! LOVE the soft pink backgrounds for all the adorable die-cuts in each stamp area. xx

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

JoAnn said...

Love all those cute polka dot die cuts. They fit perfect with your Postage Collage Die. Great card.