Thursday, April 18, 2024

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #85 - Santa and his Sidekicks

Hello friends.  Playing along with the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are looking for Santa and his Sidekicks.


I had fun coming up with a card with Santa and Blitzen...or is it Comet or Donner or...well all I really know is it's NOT Rudolph!  But anyway, here's what I came up with using MFT's Christmas sELFies...


I colored up my image with Copics and then placed it behind a piece of Real Red cs (SU!) that I die cut a square from to frame the image, and also ran it through with an older Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder.  


I used a Gina K Sentiment Strip and then added a few Impression Obsession snowflakes and finished with some PFS Iridescent Clear Drops in the centers of the snowflakes.  

Jo and her elf Helen have some awesome inspiration for you that you can check out right HERE and then play along to get a head start on those Christmas cards.  This challenge is open till the end of the month, so plenty of time to play along!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Jo used my first favorite Santa, and you've used my second, Marcia! This duo is just adorable, and I love all the red!
WWCD!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What's not to love about this pair surrounded by polka dots??!! Cute card, Marcia!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a perfect card for the challenge! That image of Santa and ONE of the reindeer is so super cute!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card with the embossed dots and selfie, Marcia!! I see someone use that set and kick myself since I haven't used mine yet!!

TK said...

Cute, cute, cute! From fun image to fantastic and fun card -- well done, Marcia!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I love this set, and very nearly used this one for my second card. Gorgeous colouring and a great way to use this little square image so it becomes the star of the show. Thanks for joining Helen and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Birgit said...

A darling card featuring this dynamic duo! The bold, red polka-dots and snowflakes make this selfie shine.

Leslie Miller said...

I can't help but love a fun Christmas card like this. The world needs more smiles and this one is a giver of smiles! Santa and his sidekick are made even more cute and festive with the embossed dots and snowflakes. You are an inspiration, Marcia!

Bobby said...

Love it, Marcia! Those images are so cute. I used up all the ones I stamped at Bonnie's several years ago.

Bonnie said...

This is perfect for the challenge, Marcia! So beautifully colored and I love how Santa and what's his name look with all that red surrounding them!