Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Double D Challenge - Cute Little Animals

Hello friends.  Playing along with Double D's latest challenge that is all about Cute Little Animals.


 Aren't they SO CUTE?!!  My first thought was to go with some of my favorite critters from Anita Jeram, but then I remembered this sweet stamp set from Penny Black (critter celebration) that I hadn't used a quite awhile!  I have a trio of cards for you today using 3 of the 5 images that come in this set, and here is the first one...


I think you all know by now I'm not real fond of real mice, but now "paper mice" I think are really CUTE, including this little guy perched in the flower.  I colored all my images with Copics and for this one, I used SU!'s Everyday Details Dies to cut out the image.  


I was hoping this close up would show some of the sparkle from using Sheer Shimmer Mist on the image, but no such luck!  The dsp is all from PTI, the ribbon from SU!, the gold dots from PFS, and the sentiment from Penny Black's Special Sentiments stamp set.


This little guy looks so sweet all nestled into the peachy pink (PTI's Sweet Blush) flower and was die cut with Penny Blacks stitched square & circles set of dies.  The dsp is PTI's Sweet Blush, the Stitched Scallop Rectangle is from PFS, and the sentiment is from Memory Box's Just A Note Posh Script die.  Clear gems are from PFS.


 This last little cutie was done in yellows and I used SU!'s Everyday Details Dies to cut the rectangle and then black embroidery floss to stitch through the holes the die cut has.  The plaid dsp and cs are both Harvest Gold from PTI and die cut with PFS's Diagonal Stitched Rectangles, the sentiment from The Greetery, and the sequins from Gina K.

So there you have my trio of CUTE LITTLE ANIMALS and there's even more from the DT right HERE to inspire you to play along!  This challenge is open till Sunday, April 14th @ 8:00PM.
   

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

There are no cuter mice in the crafty world than these you've colored so sweetly today, Marcia! *happy sigh* this last little guy in the daisy won my heart today - maybe it's the yellow?
Those PTI papers were the perfect choice, your designs are so darling!
=]

Birgit said...

Oh my sweetness, these couldn't be any cuter! I'm so glad to see these darling images in action again, Marcia! They are just as cute as can be and I love the papers and colors you've used to bring attention to them. What a good opportunity to add some really sweet cards to your stash!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Marcia, these are all so incredibly precious and sweet! I love all things Penny Black, but their critters steal my heart. You've colored and designed them so prettily. The last critter with the tiny envelope and even tinier present dangling really tugs at my heartstrings, sigh. I'm go glad you played along at Double D so I could love on these darling mice today!

Cat Craig said...

Those mice are adorable, beautifully colored and the card designs are all fabulous Marcia. A wonderful trio to add to your stash.

Bonnie said...

Three adorable cards, Marcia! I love how you've colored all of them and the coordinating papers you've used are perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness gracious... could these be any more adorable??!! Love those sweet little mice, Marcia!

TK said...

Stinkin' adorable, Marcia! These are the three sweetest mice I've ever met -- amazing images and your paper/color choices are spot on -- so CUTE!

Bobby said...

It's been a while since I've used this stamp set too, Marcia, and I love what you've done with it. Each card was beautifully created to feature one of those adorable mice.

Donna Phelan said...

ADORBS! So stinkin' cuuuute! Great designs, they really let the sweet image shine! Love the rosy cheeks! CUTE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Cute Little Critters Challenge. Donna, DT Member.