Monday, April 29, 2024

Peace On Earth Challenge #62

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Peace On Earth Christmas challenge where they once again have a beautiful mood board to inspire us.


I was inspired by all the greenery, the pinecones, and the berries, and came up with this very CAS card...


Spellbinders was having a big warehouse sale a few weeks back and I was able to pick up this Merriest Christmas press plate for $5...my photo doesn't do justice to the depth these press plates leave on cotton cardstock!  I almost didn't want to add anything else to this card as the sentiment was so pretty on its own!  I used the pine sprig from an older SU! set called Ornamental Pine and using my MISTI and Peeled Paint Distress Ink, stamped it several times in the two corners.  At first I didn't care for the inking as it didn't seem to take real well to the cotton cardstock, but the more I looked at it, it reminded me of a water color look and it grew on me!  The pinecone is also from the same stamp set, and after inking it up and using a white gel pen on it, I also added a bit of glitter to give the illusion of snow.  I finished with 3 red gems from PFS and called it good.  I wanted the sentiment to be the star, and I think I accomplished that!

Lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT and you can find it all right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open till Thursday, May 2nd @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautifully CAS. This is lovely Marcia!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that long wispy white pine! Wonderful CAS card, Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore that plate and how you've used it as the star of your beautiful card, Marcia! GORGEOUS pine boughs - they look perfectly stamped on your paper to me - I almost thought they were the Betterpress pine boughs!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, the simplicity of the card is fabulous.

Leslie Miller said...

Utter perfection, Marcia! I love every bit of it, including the pine sprigs in the corners. I can see the pressed effect of the sentiment and if it looks this good to me in the photo I can imagine how amazing it is in real. Beautifully done!

Bonnie said...

I took advantage of the fantastic bargain for this Betterpress set too, Marcia! Seeing this made me really glad I did. I love it with the pine branches! Such a classy Christmas card, my friend!

TK said...

Beautiful, Friend! I love the watercolor look that you're speaking of and while perfect, it definitely takes a second place to the fantastic sentiment! Wow, love this, Marcia!

Bobby said...

What a beautiful clean and simple card, Marcia. I love the watercolor look of the branches and that sentiment is indeed gorgeous, my friend.

Loll said...

Your sentiment is so pretty and what a great deal!! :) You have definitely made it the star with adding a supporting cast of pine sprigs, cones, and berries. I LOVE your design Marcia!! xx