Monday, April 8, 2024

Word Power #4 Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Word Power Challenge today where the sentiment is the main focus of the card.  I had just received a couple new goodies from PTI's latest release and they worked beautifully for this challenge!


Here's what I came up with...


I started with a background stencil that came with PTI's Pro Stamper's Box: March in light yellow and then stamped my sentiment which is from PTI's Reflections: March stamp set in black over the light yellow stenciled background.  The Pro Stamper's Box: March set also comes with many dies, and I die cut one of the frames from white cs and glued it over my sentiment and then stamped the sentiment over top of the die cut using my MISTI so that the stamp was in the same place as when I stamped over the stenciled background.  I love the subtle way this frames out one of my favorite verses!


Next I went to work on the flowers that are a part of the Pro Stamper's Box: March and used shades of yellow on them.  Once they were die cut, I added them to the side of the sentiment and also added a twine bow and some glitter.  I finished with a few light yellow gems from PFS.

I also made two other cards while I had everything out on my desk and thought I'd share them here with you...


This one has a different stenciled background (also part of the box) and die cut frame, and the die cut sentiment is also a part of the box.  (I am so in LOVE with this whole Pro Stamper's Box: March set...there is SO much packed into this kit and I just know it's going to get used a LOT!!) 


 This last card uses the same flowers, but for my background I CASE'd someone (sorry, I forgot who!) who had cut out multiple frames in white and added them all to the background, snipping off the overhang ones.  Pretty cool look, huh?!  I used the little string bow die cut from The Greetery's Fit To Be Tied die set to tie my little bouquet together and then finished with a few sparkle gems from SU!.

The Word Power Challenge is open for the whole month (Thursday, April 25th) and is a great way to use those larger sentiments in your stash.  :0)


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Birgit said...

These are all so pretty Marcia! I love how the sentiments share center stage with those beautiful flowers. I love all your background techniques but especially the last one. As soon as I saw it I thought, "Oh that's a great idea for a background!" You always inspire me!!

Colleen said...

I love your cards and that is one of my many favorite verses as well! It looks like that March box kit has so many wonderful things to use, I especially love the look of those flowers and all the backgrounds you have used! So very lovely, friend!

TK said...

Wonderful cards, all beautiful! I especially love the verse sentiments but your flowers are gorgeous, as are the designs!

I Card Everyone said...

Three beautiful cards to wake up to, Marcia! Each a very special way to say these words to someone who needs them.
=]

Bonnie said...

You have the best scripture stamps, my friend! I love the stenciled and die cut backgrounds, as well as the pretty flowers in pastel shades!

Bobby said...

I never knew PTI did kits, Marcia, but you sure did well with March's. All those lovely flowers with the scripture sentiment or thinking of you will be wonderful additions to your stash and appreciated by the recipient.

Leslie Miller said...

You are always so creative with your supplies, Marcia! That's a lot of pretty things in one kit. The muted colors of your first card are soft, soothing, and warm, then with the same flowers you created more of a spring look on your next two cards. I love the background on your third card! I'm pretty sure I saw a similar idea somewhere but don't see where I noted it. Now I'm bookmarking your card in my techniques folder. It's a very long list!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely showcasing of your sentiments.