Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Color Hues #85 - Pink & Yellow

Hello friends.  Time for a new challenge at Color Hues and our hostess Hannelie would like to see Pink & Yellow on our cards.

I had fun with this challenge as yellow is my favorite color and I do love a good pink too!  I also had a new Penny Black stamp to play with called winged wreath that looked great all colored up in these two colors!  Take a look...



This card is actually a bit brighter in real life, but the sun hasn't been cooperating with me lately!  But anyway, I used my Copics to color in each of the butterflies, rotating between pink and yellow.  I also lightly ink blended the background with residual ink from my pink blender brush.


My sentiment is a Memory Box die (Hello Friend Posh Script) cut from gold mirror cardstock and I also added a few gold metallic pearls (PFS) to finish off this card.

The DT has a lot of great inspiration for you right HERE, so check it out and play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in our gallery!  This challenge is open till Monday, April 29th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love this wreath and feel so lucky to have had one of my own to color, Marcia! Just gorgeous in pink and yellow!
I might have just the ticket for this challenge - we'll see!
=]

JoAnn said...

Pretty wreath and it does look great colored in the challenge colors. You did a great job coloring it.

Bobby said...

It is perfect for the colors and so lovely, Marcia.

Stef Perry said...

That is the sweetest wreath filled with butterflies and I love your coloring of it, Marcia! The 2nd picture shows the colors better and using that posh script sentiment in gold (don't you love that font?) just made it all so elegant. I totally love this beautiful design!

Lisa Elton said...

Sign, this is just as pretty as it can be, Marcia. I love the soft pinks and yellows you used! Fabulous card!

TK said...

I love this wreath, and I remember it well, Marcia! Your colors are beautiful and showcase the butterflies magnificently. Well done, Friend!

cm said...

Your winged wreath is the perfect choice for this colour combination - and oh, how lovely your colouring is! Soft and delicate, just like the sweet butterflies. LOVE this!
hugs~carol

Julie B said...

Such a delicate take on the colours Marcia. How did you get that die cut stuck down without distorting it? Fab card. :)

Cat Craig said...

Oh Marcia, what a sweet wreath all wrapped in pink and yellow.

Leslie Miller said...

That is one beautiful wreath, Marcia! It's a lovely image concept and it's absolutely ideal for these challenge colors. Love the gold sentiment and pearls. Eye candy of the sweetest kind!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this wreath, Marcia! It's so beautiful colored with the pink and yellow butterflies!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia, how I love this wreath! The butterflies are beautiful in these colors, and the sentiment just pops in regal gold. What a gorgeous creation!

Tracey McNeely said...

Well hello friend! A beautiful card, the delicate wreath of butterflies and then the foiled sentiment makes it so perfect! You never cease to amaze me Marcia! So very pretty!

Nancy said...

I love your pink and yellow butterfly wreath! Great job and I hope the sun is shining on you today!

Karen said...

I'm late to the party this month, but am a huge fan of this delicate wreath with the beautifully colored butterflies! Such an elegant card--enhanced with the beautiful gold sentiment! Another winner, for sure!

Hannelie said...

Your use of soft hues of pink and yellow was the perfect choices for this delicate butterfly wreath!
Simply lovely!