Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Double D - Water Related

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge today where they are looking for Water Related cards (ie: ocean, rain, waterfall, etc.).


Such a beautiful mood board!!  Growing up in Michigan where we are surrounded by water AND lighthouses, it was a pretty easy choice for me!  I did some ink blending and silhouette stamping and came up with this...


I started by stamping my lighthouse (Gina K's By The Sea 1) in black and then starting at the bottom of my panel, I ink blended with Sandy Beach, Ocean Mist, Bubblegum Pink, Blue Jean, & In the Navy inks (Gina K).  Masking off the Sandy Beach and Bubblegum Pink, I splattered a few water droplets and then sprayed with Sheer Shimmer Mist to give the look of sparkling diamonds on the water.  


Hopefully you can see the water droplets and a tiny bit of the shimmer in this close-up photo.  Next I used an old red rubber stamp with splattered dots and Sandy beach ink to give that bottom ink blended layer the illusion of sand.  I finished with a few more silhouettes from the By The Sea 1 and By The Sea 2 stamp sets  and mounted my finished panel to a white top folding card base.  I left a sentiment off as I'm not sure if I'll use this for a masculine birthday card this Summer or a "Thinking of You" or "With Sympathy" if I need it.  Always good to have a few cards that you can add a greeting to in a hurry when you need it!

The DT has lots of beautiful inspiration to inspire you to play along and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, April 28th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Birgit said...

This is lovely, Marcia! I love the colors you achieved in the sky. Absolutely perfect!! I love the look of silhouette stamping and never think to do it myself. You seem to have the perfect stamps. Oh, how I wish we lived closer.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, as much as we've complained about the weather lately, you've reminded me how lucky we are to have all the beauty of our Great Lake within our reach! You have captured a calm on your card that rarely happens - in life OR lake.
So beautiful!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love your pretty little lighthouse and the fabulous sky you've given it! I think the hubs and I have visited all of the Michigan lighthouses. We've been up one side of that mitten and down the other!

Cat Craig said...

That blended sky steals the show for sure. Gorgeous.

Bobby said...

Your fabulous ink blended sky meets that realistic sand and gives a great place for the majestic lighthouse to stand, Marcia. This is such a beautiful, serene card.

Bonnie said...

What a lovely beach scene, Marcia! Love the shimmery water and the texture of the sand! Almost as nice as a trip to the beach!

TK said...

Pretty and peaceful -- this would be an amazing Sympathy card, Marcia! Love your diamonds and sand texture too

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful ink blending of this lighthouse scene from sand to sea to sky! It gives the impression of a serene morning before the wind chops the water and the sparkles still rest undisturbed. What a lovely sight to see in our Double D gallery, Marcia. Thank you for playing along!