Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #90 - Add Layers

Hello friends.  It's a new month and time for a new challenge here at The Flower Challenge, and this month we'd like to see you Add Layers on your cards...along with flowers too of course!

This was a fun challenge for me and I pulled out a Waffle Flower set (Tulips) that I hadn't used used in a loooong time and came up with this...


I started my layering with PFS's Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Die with PTI's Sweet Blush cs (kinda a peachy pink color) and a 2nd layer of Sweet Blush plaid dsp (also PTI).  Next I added PFS's Ornate Oval Frame die cut in white to stand out against the colored cs and dsp, and used foam strips behind the outer part of the frame to give some dimension.  I colored my tulip image with Copics (R000, R00, R21 & R30) and then die cut with the coordinating die.

If you look closely, you can see that I also added a layer of vellum that I die cut with PFS's Leafy Branch behind the tulip bunch before adhering both to the top of the Ornate Oval Frame die cut.  I finished with a Spellbinder's betterpress sentiment and a few Disco Ball sequins from Gina K.  

We have lots of beautiful inspiration for you with lots and lots of LAYERS, so check it all out right HERE and play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till April 25th @ 5:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your tulips are colored beautifully, Marcia, and your layers are put together beautifully! I love this spring card!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Love the soft colors you used for the paper and lovely tulips. like how you added the die cut Leafy Branch behind the tulips also.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like those tulips! What a wonderful spring card. This is layered in loveliness, Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

These might be my favorite tulips - then again, I have so many favorites it's hard to tell!
But I do know that I love it when you put your heart and talent into coloring them, Marcia!
SO beautiful!
=]

TK said...

I LOVE your peach tulips! Peach, such a sweet color, and the tulips are pretty special too -- be looking for mine before too long

Leslie Miller said...

This is a most lovely spray of tulips bending along the edge of your decorative oval, and you've added your layers with such discretion it still comes off with a wonderfully clean look to it. Masterful, and I really love it, Marcia!

Laurie Unger said...

What wonderful tulips - love how you colored them.

Birgit said...

This is lovely Marcia! Your perfectly colored tulips are framed beautifully with the pretty, ornate oval and the vellum layer of leaves soften the look so nicely. We finally got our power and internet back after a couple of days. Now I'm anxiously waiting for all this snow to melt so we can get back to spring....

Loll said...

So beautiful. Great layered design Marcia. LOVE those amazing tulips. xx

Bobby said...

I love how your soft peach tulips curve along the edge of the frame, Marcia. Your layers are so perfectly constructed making this a truly gorgeous card.