Monday, April 1, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #84 - Peach & Green

Hello friends.  It's a new month and unfortunately because of technical difficulties, no new challenge at Color Hues.  Just kidding!!!  April Fools!!!!  We wouldn't do that to you...we enjoy playing in these challenges as much as you do!  So anyway, the new challenge at Color Hues is being led by our sweet hostess Cindy and she would like to see Peach & Green on our cards.

I had a brand new press/foil plate from Spellbinder's (Cosmos Backdrop) to play with that fit the colors beautifully.  Take a look...


I foiled the backdrop with Prism foil (an iridescent silver) and then proceeded to color in the flowers with a combination of Copics and ink blending with some very small brushes (so I'd have some control and be able to stay in the lines).  The leaves were colored in with Copics only.


The sentiment was die cut using Memory Box's Just A Note Posh Script die on a really sparkly silver cs and the back layer a piece of vellum so as not to cover up a lot of the design.


This card was finished by layering the top panel to a piece of Certainly Celery cs (SU! - retired) and a white card base.  This card is incredibly shiny with the Prism foil and someday I'm going to learn how to truly capture that look, but for now trust me that this card SHINES like crazy!!

We would love to see YOU in our gallery using these two colors, so check out what the DT and our Special GD Donna Mikasa did to inspire you and then play along right HERE.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Cat Craig said...

That is one gorgeous card, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

I love this plate and I love what you've done with it, Marcia! It looks fabulous all jazzed up with the sparkle and those pretty pastels colors. Wonderful card!

Nancy said...

Well, you nearly got me with your April Fools, Marcia! I adore this plate and this card is absolutely amazing! The softness of your shading is wonderful and the sentiment was the perfect touch! Well done!

I Card Everyone said...

Orange and blue you say??? Hey two can play that April Fool's Day game!
Such a beautiful plate and I LOve it in your Peaches and Greens, Marcia!
=]

Bobby said...

Those soft colors along with the Prism foil give a dreamy look to your card, Marcia. Beautiful!!

cm said...

Ohmystars! Only one response, repeated several times over: LOVE LOVE LOVE repeat.
Did I mention I LOVE your card? I do...
hugs~carol

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

This is beautiful!

Darnell said...

First I chuckled and then I gasped! Marcia, this is a breathtaking design! I love the pastels and I can just imagine how schparkle and shiny it is! Hugs, Darnell

Julie B said...

What a fab coverplate Marcia, love those blousy cosmos. Love cosmos end of, in fact I have just sown a trayful for hopefully a billowing cloud of blooms come the summer. :)

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Marcia. I LOVE the Prism foiling and your amazing colouring of this image. The silver sentiment is perfect. STUNNING, my friend! xx

Karen said...

Your soft coloring of these florals is beyond beautiful! What a lovely card!

Leslie Miller said...

It's amazing how absolutely stunning all that soft loveliness can be. This is a work of beauty, Marcia. I can see some of that foil shine, but I know it must be jaw dropping in person. The ultimate glitter sentiment is spectacular, too. Wowie!

Cindy Beach said...

I can see the shine of that silver foil and if I was holding your gorgeous card in my hand I would be be-dazzled! I'm completely awed with your beautiful soft coloring and the rich elegance of this beauty. So stunning, friend!

donna mikasa said...

Oh so beautiful, Marcia! I love the touch of foiling--just adds to the elegance! I'm ever so thrilled to be guesting with you at TCH84!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this pressplate and have it sitting on my table. Your colors are gorgeous! I love the soft shades of peach and green and that gorgeous sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia of course you did not disappoint! The foiling is such a lovely starting point and you stenciled in the lines? I'm super impressed! Beautiful and now I need to go have a look at the Cosmos backdrop. I planted them for the first time ever last summer, such a fun bloom and your card is amazing!! xo

Stef Perry said...

What a stunning card, Marcia! Your soft coloring combined with the silver foiling and sentiment (one of my favs!) is so gorgeous! It's a real beauty in these colors!

JulieP said...

Gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is wonderful. Still smiling over your opening statement. LOL!

Colleen said...

Stunning card, Marcia! The soft colors and the shiny silver play well together!