Monday, April 15, 2024

Flower Challenge Reminder #90 - Add Layers

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play in The Flower Challenge, where this month we are looking for LAYERS and of course flowers on your cards.

I had fun using lots of different sets to add layers to my card today.  Take a look...


I started by using The Greetery's Seagrass Basket dies from kraft cs and then had fun filling it with The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Crocus flowers which have lots of layers to them.  I die cut them from white cs and then used DOX inks to color them up.  I also added a couple sprigs of Baby's Breath (also The Greetery) to fill in the basket a bit more.  I did add some glitter to the baby's breath but it's a little hard to see in my photos.


I used some more kraft cs to add a die cut circle and square (Penny Black - Stitched Square & Circles) for my background and then adhered to a 5 x 5 white card base.  I finished with a sentiment on the basket that's from Gina K's Beautiful Basket Additions.

We look forward to seeing what YOU come up with by adding LAYERS to your cards, and there's lots of inspiration from the DT that you can see HERE to get you started.  This challenge is open till Thursday, April 25th @ 5:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

What a fantastic basket filled with lovely spring crocus'! You've definitely achieved the layered aspect on this beautiful card. I love the baby's breath you've tucked into this sweet collection.

I Card Everyone said...

A tisket a tasket, I love your crocus-filled basket!! Time to get my own fill of those crocuses again, I think!
Such a pretty layered card!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Layer upon layer of beauty! The basket is a work of art itself, and then filled with the crocus and baby's breath it makes my eyes very happy. The circle nicely highlights the basket and the square grounds all of it. Pure delight, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

What's not to love about a basket full of spring! Love the crocuses, Marcia. This is a delightful layered card!

Cat Craig said...

Thats a fabulously gorgeous basket of blooms.

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

you did a great job! Love that basket!

TK said...

Adorable, Marcie! I love your cute crocus in the basket, especially on your square cardbase. This is so cute

Bobby said...

The baby's breath adds a bright touch to your wonderful crocus bouquet, Marcia. That basket is such a fun way to display them,too.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you kept all your layers kraft Marcia, and then mounted them on a white card base for that crisp border. The crocuses make a lovely pop of colour agains the kraft and the baby's breath is such a pretty addition too. Vicky x

Stef Perry said...

This is such a sweet design, Marcia! That basket is so pretty and you filled it with beautiful florals. Love the colors you used and that baby's breath took my breath away thinking about adhering all those tiny flowers lol! Seriously, a gorgeous card, my friend!

Bonnie said...

There are certainly a lot of layers on this card, Marcia! Love those crocus and baby's breath filling the basket! I am impressed with the beauty of all that layering, my friend!

Cindy Beach said...

This is such a sweet card, and it's a labor of love! The basket is so pretty and you've filled it to the brim with pretty die cuts, Marcia! A beautiful card in every way and a great example of layering!