Friday, April 12, 2024

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #61

Hello friends.  Still trying to keep up with making a Christmas card (or two) every two weeks by playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge.  Take a look at their lovely mood board for this challenge...



I was inspired by the greenery and the deer from the mood board, and also my sweet friend Loll, who has been showing lots of different ways to use her large JOY die.  Check out her last one right HERE.  I have a large JOY die from TSM called Festive Foliage that I used for my card and came up with this CAS card...


 
I started with an embossed background using FSJ's Evergreen ef and then used my JOY die to cut out the letters in red glitter cardstock (PFS).  I used a separate scrap of white cs to stamp a couple snow hills and the tree line (Gina K's Holiday Silhouettes) with Evening Evergreen ink (SU!), and then used the "O" die again to cut out the center and place it inside the red glitter "O".


The deer was cut using a Gina Marie Designs die from kraft cs and then sponged with a bit of Soft Suede ink (SU!) around the edges, before attaching to the red glitter "O".  I finished with a few red glitter gems from PFS.

Lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT to inspire you to play along and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, April 18th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You [and Loll] have filled that big O with the loveliest things, Marcia! Is that Gina Marie one of the dies you bought at the ScrapFest where we first met?
All that glitters is JOY-filled!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely mood board Marcia, I love your sparkly card. You are so smart to play along and build up your card stash for Christmas. I should do the same. Have a lovely weekend!

Bonnie said...

I love this sparkly JOY with the pretty woodland scene in the O! It reminds me of a snow globe! Very festive!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the sparkle you've added to my rainy day, Marcia! A lovely way to fill the O for that pretty little deer to gaze at! Those panels you requested are ready for the mail tomorrow XO

TK said...

Gorgeous, and I love the design inside the JOY die -- so precious and special! Very nice, Friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this is just beautiful! All that fabulous glitter cardstock and the perfect little scene inside the "O", sigh. The deer in the foreground adds even more depth. I've been admiring Loll's cards, too. You both are making me feel like I need to start on some Christmas cards!

Bobby said...

This turned out so well, Marcia. The green trees in the background with that wonderful deer silhouette in front surrounded by all the beautiful red glitter. Masterpiece, my friend.

Jeanne H said...

What a beautiful card. So happy you shared it with us in blogland.

Birgit said...

This is lovely, Marcia! What a great use of the JOY die, which I loved so much from TSM. The CAS design is breathtaking! I'll have to check out Loll's posts.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done.