Monday, April 22, 2024

Triple B Challenge April 2024

Hello friends.  Haven't played with the Triple B Challenge in quite some time, but just made a card that I thought fit beautifully with the blooms and birds theme (no butterfly).



Pinkfresh Studio had released a set called Pure Joy a few months ago and I finally got around to playing with it!  Here's what I came up with...


 That Hummer caught my eye and I had to have it!  Hummers have always been a favorite of mine and I just put my feeder out this past week.  I think it's still a bit cold at night for them, but those in the know said that April 15th was a safe date to start hanging them, so that's exactly what I did!!  I embossed my images in Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder and then ink blended with the coordinating stencils before die cutting all the pieces.  


Hard to tell in my photo, but I die cut all the images multiple times in plain white cardstock to put behind the ink blended images for added dimension.  I used PFS's Dotted Chevron Coverplate Die for my background and attached that to a top folding card base from Ocean Mist cs (Gina K).  The sentiment is also from the Pure Joy stamp set.  Before I attached the Hummer, I sprayed it quite liberally with Sheer Shimmer Mist spray, so in real life he really shimmers!  I finished with just a few of PFS's new Gems: Clear with Gold Dust...they are SOOOOO pretty!!

I will also be adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since this is the first time I've used this set.


The Triple B Challenge is open till April 30th @ 8:00PM and the NBUS Challenge is open till April 30th @ 10:00PM.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Birgit said...

What a beautiful hummingbird card! I can see why you needed to have this image. It's gorgeous embossed in gold and colored perfectly. The chevron pattern background is so fun too. This is a real stunner my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this is so lovely! It's wonderful that you can make him any color you want with or without the stencils!

I often wish we had more than just the Ruby Throat's here, but even so I can't wait to see them again!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Sweet hummer, for sure. The colors you used are so inviting. I bet it really shimmers irl.

Bobby said...

The gold embossing adds a beautiful touch to an already beautiful flower bouquet complete with a visitor, Marcia. So lovely, my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful, Marica! I like the lovely colors you used. I put our feeder out today. Looking forward to those little hummers popping in!

Bonnie said...

The embossing and coloring make these images so elegant, Marcia! Love the hummer! Hope you get some of the real thing soon.

Anonymous said...

Your hummer is gloriously handsome! I imagine if he knew what a looker he was, he'd be strutting those beautiful feathers -- very nice, Marcia!

Darnell said...

My girl, you know that I am aswoon over this delightful hummingbird design! All the colors and shine and sparkle are a perfect tribute to nature's spectacular little jewel of a bird! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

So intricate how you created your own collage. Such pretty colors with the gold stamping.

Leslie Miller said...

This is such a beautiful creation, Marcia! Your ink blending through the stencil is so perfectly executed. I have not yet managed to get that quite right, but you have mastered it! I love the embossing, and the shimmer spray on the hummer is a brilliant idea. All that wonderful texture and dimension makes a person want to get all touchy feely with this card. I love it!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Love your embossed and colored flowers, so pretty. The hummer is pretty also. Great coloring.